Absolutely Awful at a Phillies Game - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Absolutely Awful at a Phillies Game

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Absolutely Awful at a Phillies Game

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:08 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:i also heard the other day on the radio, and i forget the specifics, but dodger stadium had almost 5 times more ejections/arrests than cbp did last season.

So security is better at Dodger Stadium? :-D

ha. i thought the thought same thing when i first heard it, but security actually is very good at CBP. ive only been to the Linc a few times, so i cant really say how it is there (its definitely more rowdy there, i will say that) but really, CBP security is top notch.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:43 pm

oh what do you know? national news? of course not! local news? small mention in a blog.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/theg ... 32389.html

This wasn't exactly what I was planning to write after the Union's 2-1 loss to Red Bull New York. I was planning to write about Peter Nowak's wisecracks after the game, and about how spectacular Red Bull Arena is.

But then Sons of Ben member (and Rank and File voter) Brad Youtz posted the picture you see at right to his Facebook page. Youtz also posted on Twitter that "Red Bull fans threw rocks at our bus and cracked three windows."

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:10 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:oh what do you know? national news? of course not! local news? small mention in a blog.

This wasn't exactly what I was planning to write after the Union's 2-1 loss to Red Bull New York. I was planning to write about Peter Nowak's wisecracks after the game, and about how spectacular Red Bull Arena is.

But then Sons of Ben member (and Rank and File voter) Brad Youtz posted the picture you see at right to his Facebook page. Youtz also posted on Twitter that "Red Bull fans threw rocks at our bus and cracked three windows."

:~(

Ultimate Philly Phan
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:28 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:oh what do you know? national news? of course not! local news? small mention in a blog.

Whaddya know, football firms in America, or at least wannabes stuck in an 80's time warp.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 671)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:51 pm

I don't think you're going to prove any points by posting every little incidence of fan unruliness here.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:45 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:

I don't think you're going to prove any points by posting every little incidence of fan unruliness here.

lol every little, or the first one i saw since this incident? i dont really see what youre trying to prove by making a comment like that, but ok.

i found it funny because i had heard about it from a friend who attended the game and just thought about the lack of attention it received and this thread. my point, which i stated from the beginning, is that any instance of a philadelphia fan misbehaving is and has been over-covered/blown, however you want to put it, for a long time.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigken117 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:26 am

I agree, people sticking their fingers down their throats to puke on little kids happens every where, it just doesn't get reported.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 250)

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:40 am

bigken117 wrote:I agree, people sticking their fingers down their throats to puke on little kids happens every where, it just doesn't get reported.

Yeah I puked on three kids on the way into the supermarket this afternoon, no biggie.
If you can't handle a little puke, get out of the kitchen. I think that's how it goes. :-?
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:57 pm

bigken117 wrote:I agree, people sticking their fingers down their throats to puke on little kids happens every where, it just doesn't get reported.

not my point in the least, but if you want to twist it and be a jerk, go right ahead. :-/

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Tue May 04, 2010 9:24 am

This also may be awful, but not on the Phillies Fan's part. I'm torn on how I feel about use of a taser here. Part of me says the kid shouldn't have been on the field in the first place, part of me says you don't need to tase a guy when you could just tackle him. The fact that he's a kid is irrelevant - you have no idea how old the guy is when you're chasing him down.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A police officer used a Taser gun to apprehend a fan who ran onto the field during a Phillies game Monday night, and the team and the police are investigating whether it was an appropriate use of force.

The fan, wearing a baseball cap, red T-shirt and khaki shorts, hopped a fence and scurried around the outfield, eluding two security officers in the bottom of the eighth inning against the St. Louis Cardinals. One officer used a Taser and the fan went down in a heap. Several Phillies placed gloves over their faces and appeared to be stifling laughter at the wild scene.

Phillies spokeswomen Bonnie Clark said the police department is investigating the matter and discussing with the team whether using the stun gun was appropriate.

Police spokesman Lt. Frank Vanore told The Philadelphia Inquirer police internal affairs will open an investigation to determine if the firing "was proper use of the equipment."

Vanore was not made available to The Associated Press when a call was placed to the police department's public affairs office late Monday night.

The teams said it's the first time a Taser has been used by police to apprehend a spectator who ran onto the field.

The fan was 17-year-old male and he will be charged with criminal trespass and related offenses, the team said. The Phillies did not release his name because he is a juvenile.

Here's a VIDEO
Last edited by knapplc on Tue May 04, 2010 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk