Made Some Deals -- How Do I Look? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Made Some Deals -- How Do I Look?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Made Some Deals -- How Do I Look?

Postby sigriffey » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:33 pm

I know I need to improve at closer at some point, but how do I stack up? I plan on dropping Peralta when Lilly gets off the DL...

12 Team H2H League with 6 keepers (a * means the 3-year keeper contract expires after this year -- most of the studs expire in our league after this season)

9 x 9 categories (R, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG -- IP, CG, W, L, ER, ERA, K, SV, WHIP)

MY NEW TEAM:

C Brian McCann*
1B Albert Pujols*
2B Chase Utley*
3B Alex Rodriguez*
SS Jason Bartlett
OF Carl Crawford
OF Grady Sizemore
OF Magglio Ordonez
UT Rajai Davis
UT Jason Kubel
UT James Loney
BN Chipper Jones
BN Julio Borbon
BN Jhonny Peralta

SP Roy Halladay*
SP Zach Greinke
SP CC Sabathia*
SP Ubaldo Jimenez
SP Francisco Liriano
SP Ted Lilly
SP Derek Lowe

RP Joakim Soria
RP Juan Guttierez
RP Franklin Morales
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Made Some Deals -- How Do I Look?

Postby ChainDrive » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:09 pm

Just out of curiosity, how did you manage to obtain 6 or 7 of the top 25 in a 12 man league? Including the number 1, 3, 6, and 9?
ChainDrive
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby sigriffey » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:40 pm

Lots of trades over time ... gave up a lot each time but tried to get best-player-in-the-deal trades that would make for great keepers.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic

Postby JohnnnyD » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:22 pm

You team looks great. Saves are fairly easy to come by if you keep up with things. I'd be more concerned about next year with all those contracts expiring. Maybe move some of the players with expiring contracts as the season goes on for other top tier players you can keep. Right now I think youd have a tough time picking 6 players you really want to, and can, keep.

If you have time i like to hear your input:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=407993
JohnnnyD Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby 3FingersBrown » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:20 pm

What if anything do you lose in order to keep your guys?

You'll find another arm for that bullpen. Don't sweat it. This may be the end of a dynasty however...

That being said. I'd play to win this year while trying to a acquire a young potential break out guy (Kyle Blanks for instance, I feel like he's going to be this year's Kendry Morales) or a star who could take it to the next level like Choo or Cruz in order to keep. Is Carlos Santana available? I just got him in my keeper league. I have Wieters already, so one or the other will probably end up trade bait at some point. Keep an eye out for a Pedro Alvarez or Starlin Castro call up. Like Santana (Posey and Montero too) they project good offense at scarce positions. Even if you're not that high on rookies, a lot of people are and they make fantastic trade bait - particularly in keeper leagues.

Just some ideas to throw out there. I play with 5 keepers, 12 teams (no contract expiration, player is kept for draft pick compensation relative to his Yahoo rank). I have Pujols, WIeters, Panda, Hill and Wainwright as keepers from last season. I actually had Kinsler and Longoria as keepers in '09 and traded them down the stretch in mega deals that helped me win it all while keeping me stocked with cost-effective keepers this season.
Obsessive Compulsive Fantasy Baseball Three True Outcomes
3FingersBrown
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby sigriffey » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:10 am

I'm not too too worried about the keepers. I came into the year with Pujols, Utley, A-Rod, Halladay, CC and Greinke as keepers from last year (and last year I had to throw back Jeter, Wainwright and Sizemore at the end because I could not justify keeping them over those 6). But next year all the studs drafted as keepers in '08 go back into the draft -- in other words, we all lose the stud guys after this year -- so if I can enter next year's draft with Crawford, Sizemore, Ubaldo, Greinke and then aim to get two more awesome guys this year keeperwise, then I will fill out my team next year with boppers in the draft.

I have given some thought to dealing Utley in a deal involving Cano (drafted this year, so a keeper thru 2012)... do I dare offer it straight up or in such a way that maybe I get a small second player back?
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic

Postby 3FingersBrown » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:39 am

I always try to get as much as I can. Cano is going to have a monster year, perhaps on par with Utley. Hitting in the 5 hole, he should easily surpass RBI projections. Under those circumstances a swap of Utley and Cano is not out of the question.
Obsessive Compulsive Fantasy Baseball Three True Outcomes
3FingersBrown
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby botown1087 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:41 pm

If your team truly does look like that you are either severely screwing people over or your keeper rules need to be looked at. You have the best player in 3 out of 4 infield slots not including sizemore and crawford who are also ranked in the top 20. This league is bogus. I dont know what the other managers are playing for because you pretty much have it locked up.
botown1087
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby rjstix11 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:47 pm

The league you are in is absurd! Half of your roster is Round1-2 picks....How were you trades not vetoed? Just a thought, but hey good for you that you were able to blindfold people and take them for what their worth
rjstix11
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team