How many MLB ballparks have you been to? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How many MLB ballparks have you been to?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How many MLB ballparks have you been to?

Postby wingman3110 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:00 pm

I've saved money for quite some time now and next summer I plan on going to every MLB stadium and enjoying a game. As of now I have only been to old Tiger Stadium, Comerica, Progressive/Jacobs Field, Great American Ballpark, and Turner Field.
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 122)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How many MLB ballparks have you been to?

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:06 pm

wingman3110 wrote:I've saved money for quite some time now and next summer I plan on going to every MLB stadium and enjoying a game. As of now I have only been to old Tiger Stadium, Comerica, Progressive/Jacobs Field, Great American Ballpark, and Turner Field.

There is a poster here called LuckyGehrig who went to all of them in one hit.
He wrote about it and it's in the article archives from 2005 I think.

I've been inside 1 MLB park (Oakland Coliseum).
I have been past/outside another two:
AT&T Park in San Fran and whatever the Angels park is called. We were going to Petco, but we changed our minds (and I was sick as a dog anyway :-C ).
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:11 pm

AussieDodger wrote:I've been inside 1 MLB park (Oakland Coliseum).

At least the one you've been to is one of the nicest in the majors. Once you've been to the Oakland Coliseum, everything else will pale in comparison.

I've only been to a handful: Pac Bell, Oakland Coliseum, Dodger Stadium, Wrigley, Camden, and two that are no longer being used: Candlestick and RFK. Hoping to catch a game in Seattle this summer.
Last edited by Art Vandelay on Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:12 pm

I have been to..

Metrodome
Miller Park
Wrigley
US Cellular
Kauffman
Fenway
Coors Field
Great American Ballpark
Comerica
Old Milwaukee county stadium

and tonight I will be adding TARGET FIELD!!!!! YES!!!! dipping outta work at three to hit up some happy hour! so much excitement right now.. :-D
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:35 pm

Comerica many many times
Tiger Stadium
Progressive
US Cellular
PNC
going to CITI in May

been to a few Spring Training parks as well (Tigers, Houston, Washington, Tampa Bay)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:44 pm

I've taken in a game at Dodger Stadium at least 15 times a year up until Frank McCourt bought the team in 2004. Up until last postseason, I didn't buy a ticket at Dodger Stadium and just got into games through one of my friends whose company has a suite there.

I've been to a handful of games a year at Angel Stadium and Petco Park. I've made a number of trips to AT&T Park as well (and old Candlestick), which includes the 2007 All-Star Game. I also made a few treks across the Bay, but I guess that doesn't count because it was a few Raiders game I attended (I had some crazy Raider fans for friends in high school), not an A's game.

Out of state, I've been to Wrigley and the US Cellular many moons ago when it was known as New Comiskey and was relatively new ('91-92). When I spent a Summer vacation in Philadelphia as a teen, my friend's father took us to Veterans Stadium once (bleh). I did a tour of Yankee Stadium a long time ago in the one trip I had been to New York, but didn't see a game there.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby KCollins1304 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:02 pm

Camden Yards
The Vet
Old Yankee Stadium
US Cellular

Planning to go to a Nats game some weekend when Strasburg is pitching.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:08 pm

I haven't been to that many... Growing up I went to the Kingdome a bunch of times, and I've been to Safeco a bunch of times as well. Since I moved to Phoenix roughly six years ago I've been to Chase Field a handful of times as well. Also I've been to the Old Yankee Stadium, which was pretty cool.

I may get to go to Baltimore and/or San Francisco for work this summer and would try to hit Camden and/or AT&T if it works out. And we've also been talking about cruising over to San Diego at some point, in which case I'd try to hit Petco.

My wife and I want to cruise the USA in an RV someday when I retire, hitting up all the stadiums along the way. But that's a long way off. :*)
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Element » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:48 pm

I'm in Western NY, so there isn't an MLB stadium any closer than 4 hours away. I get to see a lot of AAA games though! In fact I have tickets to see Dice-K on Tuesday night. If Aroldis stays in AAA through May I could see him as well. The week after Aroldis could be Strasburg if he gets the AAA call by then.

Veteran's Stadium
Three Rivers Stadium
PNC Park
Fenway
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 693)

Postby killertofu2222 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:51 pm

Citizens Bank Park
The Vet
Fenway
Old Yankee Stadium, second to last game there so the New one was almost finished being built
Shea
Safeco
PNC Park? (pirates)
Camden Yards
on a road trip out west my family went to a game at the Metrodome, but i was only 3

"We can't stop here. This is BAT country!"
killertofu2222
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: I come from the land where the ocean's freeze, spent 3 long months on the open seas

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers