Jose Guillen - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jose Guillen

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Jose Guillen

Postby soty » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:05 pm

I was thinking of dropping Snider for him today and then I remembered this is Guillen we are talking about who will probably cool down, hit the DL soon.
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby swyck » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:25 am

Tavish wrote:Guillen is good at having a hot streak followed by a two month cold streak followed by a trip to the DL. Since this is a contract season I think he might be able to avoid the DL, but I wouldn't expect anything more out of him than a .260/20/70/80 type line.

Considering he's a .270 career hitter, I'm expecting better than .260. Since he's never done it, I wouldn't expect 30 HRs, but based on his career 20 would be a minimum. He's also show an ability to drive in runs in the past including 97 in KC his last full year. He will be batting cleanup, so even on a lousy team I'd expect 90.

So .275/24/80/90 is a reasonable expectation, assuming health which you can't. Nothing wrong with riding him while he's raking IMO.
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Postby superslugger616 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:36 am

In KC, they are relying on him in the cleanup spot, which may have boosted his confidence. Playing for a contract doesn't hurt, and neither does DHing instead of playing the OF. I like Guillen this year, especially with improvement from the young KC guys. I see 30 HRs and approaching 100 RBI
superslugger616
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby J.C.Fighter » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:02 pm

KC would be wise to unload this clown as quickly as possible...No reason to hold on to him ...
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Grounded Polo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:41 pm

J.C.Fighter wrote:KC would be wise to unload this clown as quickly as possible...No reason to hold on to him ...

He'll definitely be dealt if he keeps this up and stays healthy. His contract expires at the end of this year. Guillen could be a nice addition to a contender for the stretch run and get KC back some prospects.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Tavish » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:56 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:
J.C.Fighter wrote:KC would be wise to unload this clown as quickly as possible...No reason to hold on to him ...

He'll definitely be dealt if he keeps this up and stays healthy. His contract expires at the end of this year. Guillen could be a nice addition to a contender for the stretch run and get KC back some prospects.

I'm not sure how many teams will line up to trade prospects for a 34 year old .750 OPS guy who is a major liability in the OF, a serious injury risk, has a history of clubhouse problems. and would be owed somewhere around $7m for the last half of the season. But I'm sure the Royals would be listening to offers.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Grounded Polo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:02 pm

Tavish wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:

I'm not sure how many teams will line up to trade prospects for a 34 year old .750 OPS guy who is a major liability in the OF, a serious injury risk, has a history of clubhouse problems. and would be owed somewhere around $7m for the last half of the season. But I'm sure the Royals would be listening to offers.

Boston for one at this rate.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby coma » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:10 pm

2/4 with a 3 run shot today. The dude just can't be stopped!
coma
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby coma » Sat May 01, 2010 8:53 pm

Well it's starting to look like the good times are coming to an end.
coma
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Seanyfever » Sat May 01, 2010 8:59 pm

Flipped him as a central part in my side for Heath Bell. Feeling good.
Expos... Gone, but not forgotten.
Seanyfever
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team
(Past Year: 289)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers