Brett Wallace - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Brett Wallace

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brett Wallace

Postby MorseOverTaveras » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:56 pm

Don't know bout you guys, but i'm sick of Lyle Overbay and his .077 BA (no, I don't lack the foresight to own him.) So when do you reckon Wallace manages to supplant both Overbay and quite possibly Randy Ruiz to see full time in the big leagues? Grab him now?
MorseOverTaveras
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brett Wallace

Postby The Big Train » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:37 pm

He will likely be in TO this year but I doubt you will see him before mid-season. There's no compelling reason for the Jays to bring him up anytime soon. Gaston has made it clear the Overbay is going to play, even against LHP. The situation is worth monitoring but I don't think he's worth gabbing unless you can afford to stash him.
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Brett Wallace

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:13 am

since Wallace has no major league experience i would be shocked if he was up before June. it would have to take a bunch of injuries for Wallace to be in Toronto before June regardless of how he is doing in the minors. even if Overbay is a complete mess there are other options at 1b like Ruiz and Batista. personally i think IF Ruiz is not given a chance then the Jays should give a look to Brian Dopriak. he was a top prospect with the Cubs but was not hitting in the minors. i forget now exactly what year he came to the Jays organization but he has been hitting for the Jays everywhere he has played. hes now 26 i believe. the Jays might aswell give him a chance to see if he can produce at the major league level to know if he is going to be useful in the future before they hand things over to Wallace.
i would like the Jays to give full playing time to Ruiz. i think he could really surprise people.
Overbay is pretty much useless. he cant hit LH pitching period. he should be traded to a team looking for a LH bat for whatever the Jays can get. hes a free agent after the season and the Jays are not going to win alot in 2010 so its useless having him around.
Cito Gaston should also resign so the Jays can get someone else to give playing time to the younger players and find out who is going to be useful in the future. Gaston is going to be too concerned about winning when thats not what the Jays should be concerned with in 2010.
its not very often you know your team is going to be bad and not have a chance to contend with NY/BOS/TB so this season the Jays could see what they have with some other players. Overbay needs to go and play Ruiz at 1B. Batista needs to go and play Jeremy Reed. Overbay and Batista have no future with the Jays and dont need to be around.

back to the original question. i doubt Wallace is up before June at the earliest. it would depend alot on how he is doing in the minors, especially how he is handing playing 1B for the first time in his career after moving over from 3B. i might see waiting until sometime like August.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates