The Other Ricky - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Other Ricky

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The Other Ricky

Postby k.k. » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:27 am

mweir145 wrote:
k.k. wrote:
mweir145 wrote:He was dominant tonight.

8 IP, 8 H (7 singles), 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K, 17 GB, 5 FB.

And no run support. It's a real shame. Where are the Jays bats there were so prominent just a few weeks ago? :-C

Relying on solo HRs with an AL-low OBP isn't really a sustainable form of offense.

True, but it's better than no offense at all, which is what RR got on Thur.
~
k.k.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 768
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The Other Ricky

Postby The_Show » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:06 am

Well to be fair they were facing Carpenter.

Lucky for me I have both Carp and Romero--16 shutout innings for my team today :D
The_Show
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
CafeholicGraphics ExpertWeb Supporter
Posts: 1266
Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Swamp

Re: The Other Ricky

Postby The_Show » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:26 pm

Have to take the good with the bad I suppose. Still a pretty ugly line against NYY though:

2.2 IP, 7 H, 8 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
The_Show
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
CafeholicGraphics ExpertWeb Supporter
Posts: 1266
Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Swamp

Re: The Other Ricky

Postby mweir145 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:38 pm

First time I've ever seen him rattled and definitely the worst start of his short career. That 3rd inning was just brutal and was even worse knowing that he would have been out of it if a few defensive plays had been made. It was fear of outings like this against great offensive teams that kept me from taking the bet in the first place.

Fortunately, though, I didn't start him today. I hope others had the same idea.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: The Other Ricky

Postby thatguy27 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:45 pm

mweir145 wrote:First time I've ever seen him rattled and definitely the worst start of his short career. That 3rd inning was just brutal and was even worse knowing that he would have been out of it if a few defensive plays had been made. It was fear of outings like this against great offensive teams that kept me from taking the bet in the first place.

Fortunately, though, I didn't start him today. I hope others had the same idea.


I started him because he had a fairly solid line in his outing against the Yanks; albeit, it was at home and I should have known the results weren't likely to be quite so nice in New York. Do you think it was nothing more than a bad outing against a great offense, as you alluded to, or indicative of things to come? I don't know why but, as dominant as Romero has been at times this season, I still get an uneasy feeling every time I see his name in my lineup...
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 777
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 12 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Colorado

Re: The Other Ricky

Postby mweir145 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:13 pm

I don't see any reason to think he won't be fine, but he's going to be facing NYY/BOS/TAM a lot down the stretch. I would be careful with starting him on the road against some of those teams (check his home/road splits, they are significant).
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: The Other Ricky

Postby thatguy27 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:15 pm

mweir145 wrote:I don't see any reason to think he won't be fine, but he's going to be facing NYY/BOS/TAM a lot down the stretch. I would be careful with starting him on the road against some of those teams (check his home/road splits, they are significant).


Thanks. ;-D
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 777
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 12 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Colorado

Re: The Other Ricky

Postby rookies and cream » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:30 pm

Update:

Santana
ERA: 3.66
WHIP: 1.33
W-L: 8-4
K: 85


Romero
ERA: 3.69
WHIP: 1.39
W-L: 5-5
K: 90
Image
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 6487
(Past Year: 43)
Joined: 4 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: The Other Ricky

Postby thatguy27 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:45 pm

rookies and cream wrote:Update:

Santana
ERA: 3.66
WHIP: 1.33
W-L: 8-4
K: 85


Romero
ERA: 3.69
WHIP: 1.39
W-L: 5-5
K: 90


Tight race except for Wins, which I doubt should be considered for purposes of the bet. Unless the bet was who will be more useful in a standard 5x5 league.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 777
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 12 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Colorado

Re: The Other Ricky

Postby mweir145 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:08 pm

thatguy27 wrote:
rookies and cream wrote:Update:

Santana
ERA: 3.66
WHIP: 1.33
W-L: 8-4
K: 85


Romero
ERA: 3.69
WHIP: 1.39
W-L: 5-5
K: 90


Tight race except for Wins, which I doubt should be considered for purposes of the bet. Unless the bet was who will be more useful in a standard 5x5 league.

I think that's exactly what it was, though.

Edit:
With the Jays losing like 12 of their last 15, they've fallen into a tie with the A's (41-42). And with the teams' schedules in the 2nd half, I'm starting to not like my chances with Aussie's bet. :-°
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ayebatter and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Jul. 23
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Cleveland at Minnesota
(1:10 pm)
Kansas City at Chi White Sox
(2:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Milwaukee
(2:10 pm)
Washington at Colorado
(3:10 pm)
Detroit at Arizona
(3:40 pm)
NY Mets at Seattle
(3:40 pm)
LA Dodgers at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
San Francisco at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Texas at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Tampa Bay at St. Louis
(7:15 pm)
San Diego at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Baltimore at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(10:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact