Changing your mind after a trade - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Changing your mind after a trade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Changing your mind after a trade

Postby bigmck » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:15 pm

Keen3 wrote:I am the commissioner of a league and I wrote into the constitution that during the two day veto period, either owner can rescind the trade without penalty. My reasoning for this was that because not everyone in the league knows one another, there isn't necessarily a way to negotiate a trade.
For example, if I'm looking to fill a hole a 2B, maybe I send out a bunch of offers. A few fliers, a few reasonable offers, etc. I don't want to be held to accepting the first trade that gets accepted.
In this circumstance though, when this rule or detail hasn't been previously decided upon, I think it's commonly accepted that once a deal has been "accepted" it's final.

Remind me not to play in a league with you. You send out trade offers that you never intend to honor..................Not very good.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Changing your mind after a trade

Postby fast dogs » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:48 pm

Keen3 wrote:I am the commissioner of a league and I wrote into the constitution that during the two day veto period, either owner can rescind the trade without penalty. My reasoning for this was that because not everyone in the league knows one another, there isn't necessarily a way to negotiate a trade.
For example, if I'm looking to fill a hole a 2B, maybe I send out a bunch of offers. A few fliers, a few reasonable offers, etc. I don't want to be held to accepting the first trade that gets accepted.
In this circumstance though, when this rule or detail hasn't been previously decided upon, I think it's commonly accepted that once a deal has been "accepted" it's final.

This rule is sure to create more problems than any good its going to do. about the only way this should happen is if 1 of the players gets seriously inj during the voting period; and the commish should be the only 1 to rule on it, not the traders. you've created a loophole that will almost certainly backfire on you
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 261)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner