Stephen Strasburg 1st Start Stats - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Stephen Strasburg 1st Start Stats

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Stephen Strasburg 1st Start Stats

Postby dssguy99 » Sat May 08, 2010 7:05 pm

PinStripe Pride 718 wrote:
dssguy99 wrote:Former #1 pick Stephen Strasburg excelled yet again in his debut in AAA. Dominating the young Braves, Strasburg displayed a variety of pitches and yet again reminded us why all the hype surrounds him. Strasburg threw 65 pitches, 45 of which were strikes, while setting down the first 10 batters and fanning 6 over 6 innings.

Fantasy Spin: If Strasburg is a free agent in your league you may want to reevaluate your competition. He is a must own in all leagues and will be an instant impact by mid June, baring an implosion equal to or greater then a nuclear bomb. Strasburg’s stay in Central New York is sure to be short lived; not even the bright lights of New York could harness this kid.

Thanks dssguy very interesting read

#

New player notes Fri, May 7

Strasburg has allowed just one hit over six scoreless innings in his Triple-A debut.

Advice: Strasburg threw 65 pitches, 45 for strikes, for the Washington Nationals' affiliate in Syracuse against the Gwinnett Braves on Friday night. He struck out six and walked one in facing 20 batters. He also drove in two runs - one with a first-pitch single and the other on a sacrifice - for the Chiefs, who led 3-0 when he departed.
(STATS, Inc.)

Hello Pinstripe Pride718. You seem very knowledgable on the subject of Stephen Strasberg. Given that you are in New York it would be great if you could get to Syracuse to give us a more indepth scouting report. Are you able to make it there?
dssguy99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PinStripe Pride 718 » Thu May 13, 2010 1:41 pm

Thu, May 13

In his second start at Triple-A on Wednesday, Strasburg no-hit Norfolk over six innings, striking out seven while walking only one.

Recommendation: It's so heartwarming when these unheralded fringe prospects come up with great performances out of the blue, isn't it? Oh, wait. The Nationals' future ace threw 55 of his 79 pitches for strikes, and faced only one batter over the minimum. He's still a few weeks away from his major league debut, but other than building up the stamina to go deeper into ballgames there's clearly nothing left for him to learn in the minors.

(Rotowire.com)
PinStripe Pride 718
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Reeron » Fri May 14, 2010 4:07 am

Because they don't want him to reach Super-Two status, he will not arrive in the big leagues until sometime in June. Last night on SportsCenter (or was it Baseball tonight?) they said it will be June 8th.
Reeron
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby PinStripe Pride 718 » Thu May 20, 2010 12:56 pm

Thu, May 20

Strasburg, pitching on Wednesday after Tuesday's game was rained out, threw 92 pitches over 6.1 shutout innings against Triple-A Rochester.

Recommendation: He allowed three hits, and struck out nine while walking two. Strasburg is expected to make two more starts in the minors before an early June promotion to the Nationals rotation, and he should be ready to toss 100+ pitches by then. Stretching out his arm is just about the only thing left for him to work on at Triple-A.

(Rotowire.com)
PinStripe Pride 718
College Coach
College Coach

Postby PinStripe Pride 718 » Tue May 25, 2010 2:12 pm

Tue, May 25

Strasburg's next start will be on Saturday against Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reports.

Recommendation: Strasburg's time in the minors is nearing an end with June fast approaching, so Saturday's start will likely be his final appearance in the minors. Expect the hype to only get bigger when he gets to Washington.

(Rotowire.com)
PinStripe Pride 718
College Coach
College Coach

Postby PinStripe Pride 718 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:58 pm

Wed, Jun 2

Strasburg will play in his last minor league game Thursday before his scheduled major league debut with the Washington Nationals next week. The 21-year-old right-hander with a 100 mph fastball is scheduled to start for Triple-A Syracuse at Buffalo in a game that will be aired nationally on the Versus cable channel - which has never before aired professional baseball.

Advice: The No. 1 pick in last year's draft is 3-1 in five Triple-A starts, with a 1.27 ERA, six walks and 33 strikeouts in 28 1-3 innings. The Nationals, who gave the two-time All-American from San Diego State a record $15.1 million, four-year contract, said Monday that Strasburg will make his major league debut against Pittsburgh on June 8 at Nationals Park.

(STATS, Inc.)
PinStripe Pride 718
College Coach
College Coach

Postby lastingsgriller » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:36 pm

I' so excited / and I just can't hide it / I'm about to lose control and I think I like it. ;-D
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby PinStripe Pride 718 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:42 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:I' so excited / and I just can't hide it / I'm about to lose control and I think I like it. ;-D

Sun, Jun 6

Craig Stammen was optioned to Triple-A Syracuse after Sunday's loss to the Reds to clear a roster spot for top prospect Strasburg, who will be activated to make his major league debut Tuesday against Pittsburgh.

Advice: The move will allow Strasburg to officially join the Nationals. Fantasy owners should expect a solid outing from the phenom on Tuesday, although the Nationals expect to limit his pitches.

(STATS, Inc.)

i know what ur talking about ive been waiting for this day for 3 years of him beeing on my roster
PinStripe Pride 718
College Coach
College Coach

Postby PinStripe Pride 718 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:09 am

Mon, Jun 7

RHP Stephen Strasburg will make his major-league debut on Tuesday, throwing between 90 and 100 pitches against the Pirates. Strasburg, who will be officially called up from Class AAA Syracuse (N.Y.) on Tuesday, had a 7-2 record and a 1.30 ERA at Syracuse and at Class AA Harrisburg (Penn.).

(Yahoo! Sports)

today is the day
PinStripe Pride 718
College Coach
College Coach

Postby PinStripe Pride 718 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:59 pm

Im amazed pain n simple
PinStripe Pride 718
College Coach
College Coach