Roy Halladay - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Roy Halladay

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Roy Halladay

Postby joejlitz » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:29 pm

Halladay just got his 150th Win and his 50th complete game. Assuming most of those CGs are wins, that's an amazing stat to have 150 wins and 1/3 of them be complete games.

Sick. 8-o
Image
joejlitz
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 466
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

Re: Roy Halladay

Postby Matthias » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:32 pm

That is a bit ridiculous.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 4860
Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Roy Halladay

Postby mweir145 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:56 pm

Yeah, he's good. I've been trying to tell you guys. :-b
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Roy Halladay

Postby Skin Blues » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:00 pm

It's been amazing watching him in Toronto for the past dozen years. Our hidden gem is now being released to the world.

I remember watching him basically an out away from a perfect game in 1998, ruined only by a 9th inning 2-out solo HR by Bobby Higginson, and an error by Felipe Crespo on a routine ground-ball that turned the potential perfect game into a potential no-hitter. No walks and no hits through 8 and 2/3 for a September call-up earning his first major league win. It doesn't even seem that long ago.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3081
(Past Year: 113)
Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Roy Halladay

Postby joejlitz » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:26 pm

Skin Blues wrote:It's been amazing watching him in Toronto for the past dozen years. Our hidden gem is now being released to the world.

I remember watching him basically an out away from a perfect game in 1998, ruined only by a 9th inning 2-out solo HR by Bobby Higginson, and an error by Felipe Crespo on a routine ground-ball that turned the potential perfect game into a potential no-hitter. No walks and no hits through 8 and 2/3 for a September call-up earning his first major league win. It doesn't even seem that long ago.

Wow. Halladay's 1st win in the bigs was 1 out away from a perfect game? Amazing. Talk about foreshadowing.
Image
joejlitz
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 466
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

Re: Roy Halladay

Postby joejlitz » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:42 pm

Another CG win. Someone told me this guy was good. Scary good. :-o
Image
joejlitz
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 466
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

Re: Roy Halladay

Postby NotAmused » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:44 pm

What's the over under on how many CG's he throws this season? 9 last year in the AL east..

15 this year?
NotAmused
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 119
Joined: 8 Apr 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Roy Halladay

Postby DaSh 1s » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:59 pm

The almighty Heyward forced Halladay his first BB this year. All hail J Hey.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1893
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Roy Halladay

Postby thedude » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:08 pm

joejlitz wrote:Halladay just got his 150th Win and his 50th complete game. Assuming most of those CGs are wins, that's an amazing stat to have 150 wins and 1/3 of them be complete games.

Sick. 8-o


he has 9 complete game losses. Though that is more indicative of his offensive support.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Re: Roy Halladay

Postby joejlitz » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:14 pm

thedude wrote:
joejlitz wrote:Halladay just got his 150th Win and his 50th complete game. Assuming most of those CGs are wins, that's an amazing stat to have 150 wins and 1/3 of them be complete games.

Sick. 8-o


he has 9 complete game losses. Though that is more indicative of his offensive support.

I blame his own inability to swing the bat well enough to break into the AL lineup. :-B
Image
joejlitz
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 466
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Oct. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact