Yeah! Direct TV MLB Package! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yeah! Direct TV MLB Package!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yeah! Direct TV MLB Package!

Postby joejlitz » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:15 pm

I was born and raised in Philly, but am in the Army and stationed in NC. So, I just re-upped my Baseball package and was immediately rewarded with a J-Roll leadoff HR against the Astros. I had to see Halladay pitch on a nice Sunday afternoon. So far, he's gone 7 and gave up one run. Not too shabby.

Incendentally, I asked for a discount on the $195 price. They said they couldn't discount the baseball package, but they could give me $5 off a month for 3 months on my DTV bill and another $5 off a month for Showtime for 6 months. That's $45 saved. Ka-ching!
joejlitz
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Yeah! Direct TV MLB Package!

Postby Grounded Polo » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:24 pm

I have AT&T U-Verse so I use mlb.tv. I gave thought to switching back to Direct TV (I only switched because I had major internet issues in my old apartment aka they wouldn't give me high speed) for the sports packages but really, $195 is alot for non-HD games. When I moved away from NY and my teams, I ended up blowing a ton on that, NBA league pass, and NFL Sunday Ticket, it's too much for me. MLB.tv is kinda laggy for me on the HD setting but at least it's there. I mainly watch it in the standard vision because there's no difference between that and the crappy extra innings picture quality and the mlb.tv NexDef is laggy on my laptop. I'd rather watch a smooth lower quality game than high quality where the action happens in Southpark animation. I also like how I can just pay $20/month rather than $50 for 4 months, much friendlier on the wallet.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers