Zimmerman? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Zimmerman?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Zimmerman?

Postby Tony Micelli » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:44 pm

802GREENS wrote:This is my third year with daily roster moves and im not sure i could go back haha. anyways... Zimmy is supposed to start tonight.

Dude, do you have any links or sources to where you read Zimmy will start tonight?

Everything I've read from Rotoworld and Rotowire actually says he's NOT starting tonight, but will be able to pinch hit.
Remember me?

Who's the Boss?

Oh Yeah ...
Tony Micelli
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:52 pm

Tony Micelli wrote:
802GREENS wrote:This is my third year with daily roster moves and im not sure i could go back haha. anyways... Zimmy is supposed to start tonight.

Dude, do you have any links or sources to where you read Zimmy will start tonight?

Everything I've read from Rotoworld and Rotowire actually says he's NOT starting tonight, but will be able to pinch hit.

Hes not starting tonight, and hes Questionable for tomorrow.

News: Nationals 3B Ryan Zimmerman remained out of the lineup Wednesday against the Phillies because of continued hamstring tightness. MLB.com reports that he will be available for pinch-hitting duty. Analysis: Washington expected Zimmerman to return on Wednesday after their off day, but the stud third baseman is clearly still a little hobbled. Hopefully he can get back on the field in the next couple of days and produce something for the Fantasy owners who took a shot with him in Week 2 (April 12-18). When healthy, Zimmerman is a must-start option.

-CBSSports.com

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby 802GREENS » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:25 pm

Tony Micelli wrote:

I apologize, i had read that he was probable for tonight, but the last minute update proves me wrong..
802GREENS
College Coach
College Coach

Postby gfantasy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:13 pm

Thats not what I read...
Nationals 3B Ryan Zimmerman remained out of the lineup Wednesday against the Phillies because of continued hamstring tightness. MLB.com reports that he will be available for pinch-hitting duty.
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby LMack » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:02 pm

Nationals being extremely cautious with their golden boy or potential severity to the injury?
Go Jay Bruce. Credits to Super Manny.
LMack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:09 pm

LMack wrote:Nationals being extremely cautious with their golden boy or potential severity to the injury?

Its called playing it smart. We are a week into the season no sense in pushing him harder then need be and then doing more damage. I'm not reading any more into this then he tweak it, its sore, until its no longer so his butt will be on the bench, and I thank the Nats for this as I own him in like 4 leagues.

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby LMack » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:00 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:Its called playing it smart. We are a week into the season no sense in pushing him harder then need be and then doing more damage. I'm not reading any more into this then he tweak it, its sore, until its no longer so his butt will be on the bench, and I thank the Nats for this as I own him in like 4 leagues.

:-*
I was not attacking the National's organization nor was I trying to start any fights. I was simply asking whether or not there was an injury of a greater magnitude plaguing Zimmerman.
Go Jay Bruce. Credits to Super Manny.
LMack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:48 am

Per Rotoworld:

Latest News:
Ryan Zimmerman (hamstring) took hitting and fielding practice on Wednesday, but isn't sure when he will be able to return to the starting lineup. "We haven't had any test or anything done [on the hamstring]," said Zimmerman. "It's nothing crazy. We'll see how it feels today. There is no point in pinch-hitting if I can't score on a single." Zimmerman hopes to participate in running drills on Thursday.

Sounds like it will be day to day for a while, and I wouldn't expect to see him until the weekend at the earliest.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby 802GREENS » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:04 pm

Sounds like it will be day to day for a while, and I wouldn't expect to see him until the weekend at the earliest.

Any thoughts on how long they might keep him dtd before they put him on the dl if he still can't go by this weekend?
802GREENS
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:17 pm

802GREENS wrote:

Any thoughts on how long they might keep him dtd before they put him on the dl if he still can't go by this weekend?

No, hence the day to day suggestion. Read Rotoworld and you'll find out just as soon as the rest of us do.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates