FAAB advice/talk - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

FAAB advice/talk

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

FAAB advice/talk

Postby eneric » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:56 am

I'm in a dynasty league where we're using this thing called FAAB (free agency acquisition budget). Each manager has $100 to bid for players on waivers for the season. This is my first year doing this and I'm a little unsure on just how much to bid on certain players. For instance Jason Heyward is available on waivers until tomorrow and I've bid $70 on him thinking I may need some money later on in the season to pick up a to be closer when someone goes down due to injury. It's a H2H league and my ONLY closer is Mike effing Gonzalez. Would any of you experienced users of this FAAB system use up all $100 bidding for a player like Heyward? After all a dynasty league is one in which you keep each player each year until you either trade them, cut them or they retire. I think Heyward would be a HUGE addition to my already powerful offense.
eneric
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: FAAB advice/talk

Postby bigmck » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:48 am

If you want to use almost all you money in the first week, that would be up to you. It is a long season, I would make a smaller bid, maybe 10 and hope I got him. It is Jason Heyward, not Babe Ruth.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 59)

Postby eneric » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:23 am

Do you have any previous experience with FAAB?
eneric
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sethreaux » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:27 am

Hey guys, quick question. In my league this is our first year with FAAB. We use Yahoo. Does it work like Ebay? Say I put in a $20 bid on a player but the next highest bid is $10. Do I get the player for $11, or do I have to pay the full $20 bid?
Thanks, and sorry for the thread hijack.
sethreaux
T-Ball Trainer

Postby eneric » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:50 am

From what I've heard it can be either way depending on how the comissioner set up the league. This too is my first year, ask your commish or maybe check your league settings.
eneric
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MorseOverTaveras » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:16 am

same here , and afraid can't answer any of the question posed...but got one of my own, suppose 2 owners go all out and bid all of the 100 dollars for one player? who then ends up with the said player?
MorseOverTaveras
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby BoBtheMule » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:46 am

not sure how yahoo is about determining an order but ESPN has what amounts to a waiver wire order that's used to decide what gets processed in what order.

and the OP, Heyward for 70 is a lot but it really depends on how aggressive your league is.
BoBtheMule
College Coach
College Coach

Postby eneric » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:40 am

MorseOverTaveras wrote:same here , and afraid can't answer any of the question posed...but got one of my own, suppose 2 owners go all out and bid all of the 100 dollars for one player? who then ends up with the said player?

As Bobthemule LOL said the waiver wire order would come into play IF two owners had the same amount bided.
eneric
College Coach
College Coach

Postby eneric » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:41 am

BoBtheMule wrote:not sure how yahoo is about determining an order but ESPN has what amounts to a waiver wire order that's used to decide what gets processed in what order.

and the OP, Heyward for 70 is a lot but it really depends on how aggressive your league is.

Heyward went for $97 this morning LOL man I can't believe that. I'm not sure if I really like this FAAB thing yet or not.
eneric
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RDD15 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:57 am

I think that $97 for Heyward in a true dynasty is realistic. Especially if there is a team that is rebuilding and understands that they have little chance to win the league this year. He cuts himself out of being able to win this year most likely, but on the other hand he takes a huge step forward for the future by adding a guy that could become an allstar by 23 or 24 years old, and maintain that allstar level for a decade or more.
RDD15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner