How does my farm team look? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

How does my farm team look?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How does my farm team look?

Postby Elsy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:57 pm

Just wondering how my farm team is stacking up and if there are possibly any A or AA players I should be looking at instead of who I have. This is a 14 team 17 man keeper league(MLB rosters) and we grow our farm team by 3 spots every year(upto 15 starting this year). Highlighted who I think are potential studs:

1. Kyle Drabek - SP - TOR
2. Jesus Montero - C - NYY
3. Brett Wallace - 3B - TOR
4. Chad Huffman - OF - SD
5. Mike McCoy - 2B/3B/SS/OF - TOR
6. Phillipe Aumont - SP - SEA
7. Brad Mills - SP - TOR
8. Brian Dopirak - 1B - TOR
9. Ross Detwiler - SP - WAS
10. J.P Arencibia - C -TOR
11. David Purcey - SP - TOR
12. Ryan Adams - 2B - BAL
13. Zachery Wheeler - SP - SFG
14. Matthew Davidson - 3B - ARI
15. Kentrail Davis - OF - MIL
Elsy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 43)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How does my farm team look?

Postby rasto21585 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:27 am

I think it is one solid team. You have some potential impact bats. The one bat that I think stands out is Jesus Montero. I am not a Yankees fan but I believe this kid will be special and will receive the same amount of hype Heyward is receiving by years end. His power ranks at 80 from a 20-80 scale. Also he projects to be a Manny or Miguel Cabrera type of player.
rasto21585
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 189)

Postby mblax10 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:09 am

Top 5 looks good (Montero, Drabek, Wallace, Aumont & Wheeler). Past that, Davidson, Arencibia & Mills are the only 3 that make my top 250, and they just barley get in. Those guys probably shouldn't be owner in your league and the rest of the guys definitely shouldn't be. You have a couple of old AAAA guys. Never a good thing.
mblax10
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mblax10 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:14 am

rasto21585 wrote:I think it is one solid team. You have some potential impact bats. The one bat that I think stands out is Jesus Montero. I am not a Yankees fan but I believe this kid will be special and will receive the same amount of hype Heyward is receiving by years end. His power ranks at 80 from a 20-80 scale. Also he projects to be a Manny or Miguel Cabrera type of player.

I like Montero a lot, In fact he's my #2 prospect behind Heyward, but this is a perfect example of why not to use MLB comps. You just compared a prospect to 2 of the better hitters over the past decade. Than compared his hype to a 20 year old that's been so blown up I've seen him traded straight up for Jayson Werth in a 1 year league. Why stop there? He could be Ty Cobb with Babe Ruth power and a glove like his name is Molina right?
mblax10
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Elsy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:12 pm

Any ideas on who I should look to add and drop for the guys that might not make it?

I just drafted Wheeler, Davidson and Davis this year. I had also drafted Donovan Tate but dealt him for Wallace. Most of the big name prospects are gone so looking for some sleeper ones, any input is appreciated thanks.
Elsy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 43)

Postby kab21 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:33 am

Elsy wrote:Any ideas on who I should look to add and drop for the guys that might not make it?

I just drafted Wheeler, Davidson and Davis this year. I had also drafted Donovan Tate but dealt him for Wallace. Most of the big name prospects are gone so looking for some sleeper ones, any input is appreciated thanks.

With that many MiLB'ers rostered there is no way for us to know who is rostered (and don't post all of the rosters). You should start by finding out which players in the BA top 100 aren't rostered (or use BP's list or projectprospects list or all of them). And then come up with a list 10-15 for people here to pick from.

but the bottom half of your minors team is weak. Very weak.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Return to Minor League & College Baseball