A little rusty to roto leagues, how'd I do? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

A little rusty to roto leagues, how'd I do? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A little rusty to roto leagues, how'd I do? WHIR

Postby Emerald8h » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:26 am

Hey, first time in a few years I've done a standard yahoo roto 12 team league. It had completely standard 5x5 cats and standard yahoo roster spots. This year though, it appears they added a second UTIL spot and an extra pitcher spot while jacking up the innings limit. How did I do? Should I get rid of one of my weaker RP and add another batter? Nobody else really has more than 3 RP. Had the first pick obviously....Thanks guys WHIR.

C Suzuki
1B Pujols
2B Kendrick
3B Youk
SS Rollins
OF Bay
OF Kubel
OF Borbon
UTIL Morneau
UTIL Carlos Gonzalez
BN Quentin, Carlos Gomez

SP Josh Johnson, Jimenez, Nolasco, Wandy, Wolf, Slowey
RP Fransisco Cordero, Qualls, Nunez, Dotel, Lindstrom
Emerald8h
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: A little rusty to roto leagues, how'd I do? WHIR

Postby irish158 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:42 am

Your team looks good. If you want you can try and trade some RP for some depth on your bench. Watch Gomez closely. He is batting 2nd in front of Braun and Fielder. He normally doesn't hit well, but if he can find away to get on base then you are going to get real good run production and SB's also. But I would definitely look to add depth, especially at 2B. I have Kendrick to and have been looking at a back up to him. He is good when he plays but he will only give you on average 350 AB's. Plus he is batting down in the order. Which may hinder his run production.
All in all you have a good base of players. Just look to tweek it a bit.
irish158
College Coach
College Coach

Re: A little rusty to roto leagues, how'd I do? WHIR

Postby jrockish » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:40 am

I think you're core of players is great, particularly your batters. The only area that may need some improvement is your Starting Pitchers... Johnson will be good, but I don't know if I'd classify him as an ace and someone to anchor your staff around. I think you also have too many Relief Pitchers. See if you can package an RP with Jimenez or Nolasco to get someone like Wainwright/Lester/Santana/Carpenter.

Thanks for the help on my team!
jrockish
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team