Rank 'em, please, inc. Decker, Withrow, and Gordon - WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Rank 'em, please, inc. Decker, Withrow, and Gordon - WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rank 'em, please, inc. Decker, Withrow, and Gordon - WHIR

Postby plapre3 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:42 pm

I play in a keeper league with a minor league system. We are allowed to keep up to 10 players from year to year in addition to 5 "free" minors keepers. Minors keepers are defined by anyone with less than 200 ABs, 70 IP, and 20 APP in each of the last two seasons.

Teams in my league go crazy for the next big thing, but given our settings a player truly has to have a big breakout to be a keeper since he essentially needs to become a top 10 round pick the following season. Guys who nearly meet the requirements while getting valuable time in the majors like Borbon, Matusz, or Nelson Cruz ('09) tend to hold significantly more value than a guy like Derek Holland who couldn't have been kept. Given these settings I feel that minor leaguers are overvalued, and sold the farm this offseason. Now I'm looking through the rest for a guy that could either contribute soon, or be the next big prospect (whom I could then trade).

Please rank the following players in order:

Dee Gordon
Fernando Martinez
Jaff Decker
Chris Withrow
Marc Rzepcynski
Scott Sizemore
Lonnie Chissenhall,
Zach Britton
Alexander Colome
Mike Montgomery
Hank Conger