Veto happy leagues on Yahoo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Veto happy leagues on Yahoo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Veto happy leagues on Yahoo

Postby MinorityAuthority » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:17 pm

I honestly think this is my last year of playing FF in public leagues on Yahoo.

The chances of getting stuck in a league that has veto-happy managers is too high.

Here's 1 scenario. 12-Team Auction league. Team 1 drafts Ben Zobrist. Team 2 (me) says I'm interested later on in draft once I notice the SS are going way over priced (HRam went for $60, Jeter went for $30, Zobrist went for $27). Team 1 also has 2 catchers, which I also need. So he proposes Zobrist & Wieters for Gallardo. His starting pitching is pretty bad, and he already has McCann & Bartlett to replace them with.

So I put the trade through right after the draft. Nobody said one word during the draft that this trade is bad or should be vetoed. My understanding is I only veto a trade if it smells bad (7 people moving at a time) or is completely lopsided and makes no sense (Pujols for Adam LaRoche). If one team is trading a C because they have 2, then so be it.

Anyways, it gets vetoed instantly. I add a closer. Vetoed again. Ask the league on the message board why its being vetoed. No answer. So I put the original trade through again, this time asking for Bartlett & Zobrist for Gallardo & Soria. Vetoed again.

Is this how public leagues are now? No trades allowed?
Please help me out...

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=133433
MinorityAuthority
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Veto happy leagues on Yahoo

Postby Deesul » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:18 am

I feel you on this pal.

I don't play public leagues anymore just for this reason. I'm not sure what these people are thinking. It basically kills one of the most fun elements of the game and i don't understand it. In the league I commish I take sole control over trade vetos and will only do so if it's totally ridiculous (I've vetoed 2 trades in 3 seasons so far).

Anyway, I'd try to start or get into a league with people you primarily know personally to some degree at least. Having the physical connection really cuts down on the BS.
Deesul
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Veto happy leagues on Yahoo

Postby Kimbos Beard » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:39 am

Sorry to hear about your situation, but I have learned for the most part that quite often public leagues are more of a hassle then they are worth. I would rather play in just one league where I know the people, then in a couple of public leagues hoping I find a normal one.
Kimbos Beard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner