All's Wells that ends Well - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

All's Wells that ends Well

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

All's Wells that ends Well

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:09 pm

Man this guy is raking. Perpetually undervalued because of an albatross contract. Thoughts?
Last edited by AquaMan2342 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Re: All's Wells that ends Wells

Postby mweir145 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:19 pm

It looks like he played through a wrist injury last year. If that's the case, expect his 2008 production this season.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:43 pm

I think the thread title is better stated as All's Wells that ends Well or All's Well that ends Wells. :^

Thoughts?
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 675)

Postby fezzik » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:49 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:I think the thread title is better stated as All's Wells that ends Well or All's Well that ends Wells. :^

Thoughts?

Geeeez...so picky...

BTW, I prefer "All's Wells that ends Well"... ;-D
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Re: All's Wells that ends Well

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:11 pm

And I just missed him in the one league where he was available. I was humming an hah-ing about who to drop for CJ Wilson and when I got back to the league page Wells was gone. :*)

He could be in for a big season though, and the Jays fan in me will still applaud, even though I don't own him. :-D If some of the other bats in the Jays lineup can get him some support he could be a real WW gem. I'm not going to bank on that support just yet, but as a team the Jays been a little better offensively than I'd expected them to be.
Fenris-77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 51)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:38 pm

I think you can bank on about 20 HRs and a decent BA if he stays healthy. He'll only be really valuable for fantasy purposes if he can steal some bases as well. And it's pretty tough to predict what's going to happen based on his past production. (Which is all over the place.)

His SB totals
2009: 17
2008: 4
2007: 10
2006: 17
2002 - 05: Never above 10
"Don't take anything for granted, because tomorrow is not promised to any of us." ---Kirby Puckett
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby mweir145 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:38 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:I'm not going to bank on that support just yet, but as a team the Jays been a little better offensively than I'd expected them to be.

Only 3 games against a bad pitching staff. But I agree that Wells could be in for a bounceback season with better health.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:49 pm

mweir145 wrote:
Fenris-77 wrote:I'm not going to bank on that support just yet, but as a team the Jays been a little better offensively than I'd expected them to be.

Only 3 games against a bad pitching staff. But I agree that Wells could be in for a bounceback season with better health.

For sure, I didn't say they were dynamos. :-D There's just been a little more pop than I was expecting with Snider not being able to hit the broad side of a barn. We'll see how that looks against better pitching. Lets just say I'm a tiny touch more optimistic than I was before the season, but I'm not planning any parade routes just yet.
Fenris-77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 51)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby mweir145 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:07 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

For sure, I didn't say they were dynamos. :-D There's just been a little more pop than I was expecting with Snider not being able to hit the broad side of a barn. We'll see how that looks against better pitching. Lets just say I'm a tiny touch more optimistic than I was before the season, but I'm not planning any parade routes just yet.

The Jays are actually a decent team compared to most of the AL even with all the player losses. It's the 54 games against 3 vastly superior teams that will destroy their record.

As for Snider, I think Cito has done a pretty good job of crushing the kid's confidence (I mean, hitting him #9 behind guys like Buck, Gonzalez and Jose Molina, it's like he's purposely trying to piss Travis off as punishment for not listening to him last year). I almost want him to go back down to AAA to get away from the Manager.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:05 pm

i mentioned this in another thread. Wellls has had an amazing series in Texas. 4 HR in 3 games. hes good, but not that good.
he should have a season better than 2009, but hes not a big power hitter. maybe he can get to 30.
hasnt he also had multiple injuries? so lets see him stay healthy for the entire season.
there are many OF i would rather have than Wells.
even if he does continue this hitting, it wont take pitchers long to pitch around him with Encarnacion batting behind him.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 83)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers