Ichiro/Lackey for Ibanez/Buerhle/Feldman? Vetoable? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Ichiro/Lackey for Ibanez/Buerhle/Feldman? Vetoable?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ichiro/Lackey for Ibanez/Buerhle/Feldman? Vetoable?

Postby angels7777 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:22 pm

Vetoable or is one manager just an idiot?

10 teams H2H non-keeper 5x5

So one guy trades his 10th, 17th, and 22nd rounders for the other guy's 2nd and 9th rounders?
5x5 H2H, Non-Keep 10 tms

C- MCann
1B- Santana
2B- Carp
3B- Wright
SS- Desmnd
OF- J. Uptn, Trout, Polanco
UTIL- Springr
BN- Heywrd, Wrth
SP- Hamels, Teheran, Liriano, Garza, Kluber, Fister, A. Sanchez, Gio, Latos, Cobb, Arieta
RP- Melancon, Smith, Hawkins
angels7777
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 148)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ichiro/Lackey for Ibanez/Buerhle/Feldman? Vetoable?

Postby mkultra » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:56 pm

Not in the least.

Ichiro's stock has fallen dramatically. He's basically a one-cat guy (BA). It's possible he'll steal 40+ bags, but he could just as easily steal 25, which is a surprisingly plentiful stat among OF players this year. It's also unlikely he'll get 100 runs this year with the Mariners offense. He hurts you, meanwhile, in HR and RBI.

Lackey's a decent #3 guy, he'll get wins and a sub-4 ERA, but he's not a dominating pitcher anymore, so his K and WHIP stats are not going to be awesome.

Ibanez won't repeat last year, but will give you more HR and RBI than Ichiro. What you give up in SB and AVG can be easily found elsewhere.

Buehrle is basically Lackey with even fewer strikeouts. Nothing flashy, but an amazingly durable innings eater.

I'm not on the Scott Feldman bandwagon like some are, but he could easily turn into a Buehrle-like pitcher (ground-ball pitcher who'll eat innings).
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 39)

Postby Kimbos Beard » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:11 am

angels7777 wrote:Vetoable or is one manager just an idiot?

10 teams H2H non-keeper 5x5

So one guy trades his 10th, 17th, and 22nd rounders for the other guy's 2nd and 9th rounders?

On pure value alone I think an argument (mkultra) could be made that this trade is not vetoable at all. I am not high on Ichiro at all this year.

The only part that I don't like is that in a ten team league the guy took Ichiro in the second round. So before the season started the manager had Ichiro as one of the top 20 players in all of baseball and now after 7 days Ichiro is just a throwaway late mid round pick.

Was this guy's team auto picked?

I would send an email or post a message just asking why he would be willing to trade his 2nd round pick overall with his 9th round pick overall for what he is getting back. See what he says.
Kimbos Beard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Postby angels7777 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:45 pm

his team was not autopicked and that is what bugs me about the whole thing - the guy is a rookie and he made a trade with the guy who invited into our money league

for the record he also made a trade with me earlier in the year - my Carlos Lee/Capps for Bay, which was at least fair...

this was the manager's post on his reason for doing the trade:

"Why is a 3 for 2 lopsided...I GOT 2 STARTERS AND A PRETTY GOOD OF'ER FOR A GREAT OF'ER AND ONE STARTER...

I got two chances a week to get wins compared to just 1 now...and I get more HR out of Ibanez than Ichiro who will hit for a better avg than Ibanez...RBI favors IBANEZ, RUNS favor ICHIRO...

GET A GRIP FUCLA...I AM NOT OPPOSED TO TRADING WITH YOU TOO, BUT AS MY SON SAID, YOU GOT TO GIVE SOMETHING TO GET SOMETHING..."
5x5 H2H, Non-Keep 10 tms

C- MCann
1B- Santana
2B- Carp
3B- Wright
SS- Desmnd
UTIL- Springr
BN- Heywrd, Wrth
SP- Hamels, Teheran, Liriano, Garza, Kluber, Fister, A. Sanchez, Gio, Latos, Cobb, Arieta
angels7777
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic

Postby RDD15 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:45 am

Not a even close to a vetoable deal. Lackey moving to a tougher division, and into a more hitter-friendly ballpark. Ichiro in decline.

One team might get a slight advantage, but honestly you can't say with much certainty even which side that would be. So far, Ibanez and Buehrle have outscored Ichiro and Lackey in my points leagues. That doesn't even consider Feldman.

The rookie owner's biggest problem is taking Ichiro in the second round. Yeah, he is trading his second rounder for a guy that got picked later, but I would chalk that up as him figuring out how poor of a decision drafting Ichiro in the second round was.
RDD15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby eneric » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Not even close to being vetoable.
eneric
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 32)

Postby shawngee03 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:13 pm

obviously he doesnt know how fantasy works...i like how he talks about getting 2 SP for 1 and having 2 chances now to get wins...hahah

its called FA..in a 10 teamer there are plenty of guys available. you should never be on the wrong side of a 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 in a 10 teamer....too much good stuff available for free

he will learn....so chalk this up to learning curve...not cheating
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby angels7777 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:46 pm

same rookie just traded Texeira, Carlos Lee, and Lacky (who he reacquired) for Pablo Sandoval, Cuddyer, and Brian Wilson....
5x5 H2H, Non-Keep 10 tms

C- MCann
1B- Santana
2B- Carp
3B- Wright
SS- Desmnd
UTIL- Springr
BN- Heywrd, Wrth
angels7777
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic

Postby Kimbos Beard » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:23 am

angels7777 wrote:same rookie just traded Texeira, Carlos Lee, and Lacky (who he reacquired) for Pablo Sandoval, Cuddyer, and Brian Wilson....

That trade on its on is not close to being veto worthy, but I totally get the frustration with this newbie's overall playing so far. I am not sure what you can do since you don't really seem to have the backing of any other managers in the league (or more necessary the backing of the majority of the managers in the league).

It's funny because I really dislike leagues where no managers are willing to trade but on the other hand I am not a fan of leagues or teams that just trade their players non-stop like this manager seems to be doing, especially when he is making bonehead trades!
Kimbos Beard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Postby justink15 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:14 am

no veto, there shouldn't even be a veto system, if 2 teams want to make a trade who says they can't if they both think it is helping them out?
justink15
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner