No joke: Rickie Weeks will be #1 2B this year - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

No joke: Rickie Weeks will be #1 2B this year

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: No joke: Rickie Weeks will be #1 2B this year

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:38 am

I love all these high projections followed up with "if healthy." This is Rickie Weeks we are talking about, he won't be healthy all year long. I see him as a trade semi high and get him off your team type of player.
10 team,H2H,5x5
C-Montero
1B-A.Gonzalez
2B-Utley
3B-Longoria
SS-Reyes
1B/3B-Morneau
2b/SS-K.Jonhson
OF-J.Upton,CarGo,Pierre
UTL-Rasmus
P-Hamels,Nolasco,W.Rodriguez,Garza,Wagner,Aardsma
BN-Span,Slowey,Liriano,E.Santana,Gregg, Pelfrey, Street
DL-B. Anderson
sadlyajetsfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby justink15 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:39 pm

rickie weeks or aaron hill?
justink15
College Coach
College Coach

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:05 pm

urbanbreez wrote:Just to summarize your thought. Ricky Weeks, if healthy, will put up the same or better numbers than Utley. Am I saying that right?

I love this game. Not only is Weeks putting up better numbers than Utley up until now, but it's Utley's health that's the concern this year.

Who'da thunk it? :-b
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:22 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
urbanbreez wrote:Just to summarize your thought. Ricky Weeks, if healthy, will put up the same or better numbers than Utley. Am I saying that right?

I love this game. Not only is Weeks putting up better numbers than Utley up until now, but it's Utley's health that's the concern this year.

Who'da thunk it? :-b

All the people who decided (and admittedly hoped) gambling on him one more time. ;-)
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Bosy Billups » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:32 am

cough, cough.

Looks like Cano is in the lead, but compare their numbers, you can argue Weeks is right up there with him.
Bosy Billups
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:29 am

my guess is Weeks is going to pull one big jerk move on everyone by getting hurt in his first game during the final week of the season
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Ender » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:56 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:my guess is Weeks is going to pull one big jerk move on everyone by getting hurt in his first game during the final week of the season

Easily could be. Results are a terrible way to decide if someone had a good opinion or not. I'll catch a lot of flak for that but it is the simple truth when it comes to any game with a lot of randomness in it. Treat fantasy baseball like poker and you'll understand how to win on a regular basis long term and while I love Rickie Weeks he was -EV to start the season.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby jfg » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:00 am

Ender wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:my guess is Weeks is going to pull one big jerk move on everyone by getting hurt in his first game during the final week of the season

Easily could be. Results are a terrible way to decide if someone had a good opinion or not. I'll catch a lot of flak for that but it is the simple truth when it comes to any game with a lot of randomness in it. Treat fantasy baseball like poker and you'll understand how to win on a regular basis long term and while I love Rickie Weeks he was -EV to start the season.

Every other year before this I'd agree with you, but his value was just right on draft day this year. There was very little risk drafting him considering the other options and his ADP was the perfect spot to take a high risk/high reward player. If he went out for the season on day 1 it wouldn't have killed anybody's chances who drafted him.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby Ender » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:42 am

jfg wrote:
Ender wrote:

Every other year before this I'd agree with you, but his value was just right on draft day this year. There was very little risk drafting him considering the other options and his ADP was the perfect spot to take a high risk/high reward player. If he went out for the season on day 1 it wouldn't have killed anybody's chances who drafted him.

Fair enough if you get them cheap enough anyone is going to be +EV. It was more of a general opinion, you can't say you were right or wrong about a player based on results of one season.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:39 am

Ender wrote:
jfg wrote:
Ender wrote:

Fair enough if you get them cheap enough anyone is going to be +EV. It was more of a general opinion, you can't say you were right or wrong about a player based on results of one season.

You see, this is just the type of Jerk that rickie is. He know that if he got hurt or stunk up the joint from day 1 it really wouldn't have hurt anyones fantasy baseball team. He is just going to wait until he is fully entrenched in the second base spot on a bunch of good fantasy teams and then he will wait until just around playoff time to get hurt or maybe go 0 for the playoffs. he wants to make sure that you have no other good options at 2nd before he jerks you around. :-b
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 169)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers