Yahoo H2H Scoring Weighting Breakdown?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Beginner's Forum

Yahoo H2H Scoring Weighting Breakdown??

Yahoo H2H Scoring Weighting Breakdown??

Postby undermind » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:17 pm

It seems like this shouldn't be so hard to find..

I just want to find how the scoring is weighted in Yahoo's H2H leagues.. I'm in a couple leagues, and am commish in another. I can't find where it breaks down how stats scores are weighted. In fact when I set up the league I'm commissioning, when I set the stat categories it said the next page I would be applying values to the different stats but that never happened. I tried a few times.

I'm new here, so I apologize if this info is hiding somewhere I haven't looked, but I've been searching for it..
undermind
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo H2H Scoring Weighting Breakdown??

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:53 am

I'm not sure what you're asking. Weighted as it applies to how players are ranked? Weighted as it applies to your scoring system? :-?

You need to provide some details of the scoring system if that's what you're asking about.
Fenris-77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 51)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Yahoo H2H Scoring Weighting Breakdown??

Postby MTUCache » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:23 am

I think you may be confusing a standard H2H league, with scoring categories, with a H2H Points league, where a total score for the team is calculated for the week based on how much "weight" you give each statistic.

If you're coming from football you're probably expecting to see X number of points for a HR, X number of points for a Win, etc., but that's generally not how most "standard" baseball leagues are setup. The easiest way to think of it is that your team is playing many games at once, all with the same lineup. One game is to see which team can hit the most HR, another for most RBIs, another for most Ks, etc. So at the end of the week (rather than add them all up based on their weight to see who won) you'll have won some of them and lost other ones. You probably won't just end up with a single victory or loss, you'll likely end up with a "record" for the week of 7-3 or 2-8.

Hopefully you're not too mixed up with what you've got there, as differences like this in league setup can drastically alter your strategy and player rankings.
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Beginner's Forum