MLB Tonight (MLB Network) > Baseball Tonight (ESPN) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MLB Tonight (MLB Network) > Baseball Tonight (ESPN)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: MLB Tonight (MLB Network) > Baseball Tonight (ESPN)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:16 am

kurkjian is way better than gammons. he just doesn't seem like the guy to jump ship though and come to MLBN.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MTUCache » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:39 am

sKooch wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that Gammons segment. It's unfortunate because I really like the guy, but wow, that was tough to watch.

It feels kind of nit-picky, but there were a couple of cringe-worthy moments on MLBN last night that had me shaking my head.

First, the production value is definitely below ESPNs. Somebody behind the camera there needs to explain to these guys how microphones work and why it's not a good idea to talk over eachother and INCREASE THE VOLUME OF YOUR VOICE because someone else is talking.

Secondly, you can tell a few of these guys aren't quite 100% comfortable in front of the camera yet. Amsinger was actually quite strong here, saving a few of these guys a handful of times last night when things just got.... awkward... The number of "ums" and "ahhh" that came out of Reynold's mouth surprised me with his experience, although it wasn't as bad as Mitch. This will likely get fixed quickly, but it definitely stood out to me last night. It's quite easy to pick which parts of the program are prompted and which are supposed to be "off the cuff".

Again, this is kind of nit-picky, and easily worth putting up with due to the better content. I look forward to seeing how this program polishes up. With a couple of neat "idea" type segments and a bit more production value this program will continue to be head and shoulders above anything on ESPN.
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby tablesetter » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:25 pm

Why in the world did they bring back Sean Casey, dude is terrible. Also, these shows need a permanent Sabremetrician to point out how foolish the former players are when they speak.
tablesetter
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby san76er » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:56 pm

I love the MLB network...but they should fire everybody except for Mitch Williams and start over. Harold Reynolds is the worst fantasy baseball analyst ever, he clearly knows nothing about fantasy baeball. All of their other personalities are tools as well; but they're still better than Eduardo Perez and John Kruk.
san76er
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby soty » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:22 pm

I prefer MLB Tonight no doubt, but I will still watch BBT from time to time as well.
soty
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics Expert

Postby Element » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:32 pm

san76er wrote:I love the MLB network...but they should fire everybody except for Mitch Williams and start over. Harold Reynolds is the worst fantasy baseball analyst ever, he clearly knows nothing about fantasy baeball. All of their other personalities are tools as well; but they're still better than Eduardo Perez and John Kruk.

They just need to find someone else to sit in with the 411 guys when they do their draft special. Amsinger seems like he has a general idea of what he's talking about. HR, not so much. I really don't have an issue with the staff. I wouldn't mind seeing Amsinger get replaced by Yallof a bit more & wouldn't be sad to see Larkin or Casey go. Gammons can be tough to listen to if I didn't respect him so much. I could also do without Ken Rosenthal. I just want to slap that fake little smile off his face. Mitch Williams is the man though.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 719)

Postby King Tim » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:42 pm

Amsinger has grown on me. I couldn't stand that guy at the beginning of last season but he's getting better. HR is terrible. It's predictable to see him take the wrong side of an argument just so he can hear himself bump his gums. Agree with everyone else on Mitch.
King Tim
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:18 pm

what happened to victor rojas? i thought he was okay but now he's doing angels games for fox west. did he leave or did they let him go?
and yes, casey is like the vina of MLB network. the guy gets too excited and can't even say his stuff right. i can't believe they brought him back, but then espn brought vina back several times.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Y`s Guy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:02 pm

MLB Network is like crack!!
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby coma » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:17 pm

I'm really digging MLB Network, but is anyone else sick of that New Era commercial with Evan Longoria?
coma
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers