PUJOLS LEAD TEAM...Opinions? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

PUJOLS LEAD TEAM...Opinions?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

PUJOLS LEAD TEAM...Opinions?

Postby Phreedom32 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:14 pm

What do you guys think of this team? Any glaring weaknesses/ideas for a fix? 10-man yahoo standard positions... H2H 5x5 League...

What do you guys think about trading for the DL Boys...Jose Reyes or Kinsler? I have a trade I can take...Jose Reyes and Denard Span for my Granderson...THx Guys

C-V-Mart, Napoli
1B-Pujols, Votto
2B-Uggla
SS-Theriot/Aviles
3B-Beltre/Cantu
OF-Justin Upton, Granderson, Josh Hamilton, Chris Coghlan, Brett Gardner, Vernon Wells
Util-Hideki Matsui

SP-Wainwright, Nolasco, Cain, Dempster, Liriano,
RP-Hoffman, Wagner
Phreedom32
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Re: PUJOLS LEAD TEAM...Opinions?

Postby hpham45 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:17 pm

Phreedom32 wrote:What do you guys think of this team? Any glaring weaknesses/ideas for a fix? 10-man yahoo standard positions... H2H 5x5 League...

What do you guys think about trading for the DL Boys...Jose Reyes or Kinsler? I have a trade I can take...Jose Reyes and Denard Span for my Granderson...THx Guys

C-V-Mart, Napoli
1B-Pujols, Votto
2B-Uggla
SS-Theriot/Aviles
3B-Beltre/Cantu
OF-Justin Upton, Granderson, Josh Hamilton, Chris Coghlan, Brett Gardner, Vernon Wells
Util-Hideki Matsui

RP-Hoffman, Wagner

Why did you take two catchers when you only need one and you already have a elite catcher? I'd drop Napoli and see if you can grab a reliever on the waivers like Frasor or Morales.

Why would you draft Votto when you already have Pujols and you can only start one 1B? I think are ok with Uggla that you don't need Kinsler. Reyes would be an upgrade to your SS and I'd gamble on it. Then you can trade Votto for an solid OF later on.
hpham45
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Matt_Domsic » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:10 pm

hpham45 wrote:
Phreedom32 wrote:What do you guys think of this team? Any glaring weaknesses/ideas for a fix? 10-man yahoo standard positions... H2H 5x5 League...

C-V-Mart, Napoli
1B-Pujols, Votto
2B-Uggla
SS-Theriot/Aviles
3B-Beltre/Cantu
Util-Hideki Matsui

RP-Hoffman, Wagner

Why did you take two catchers when you only need one and you already have a elite catcher? I'd drop Napoli and see if you can grab a reliever on the waivers like Frasor or Morales.

Why would you draft Votto when you already have Pujols and you can only start one 1B? I think are ok with Uggla that you don't need Kinsler. Reyes would be an upgrade to your SS and I'd gamble on it. Then you can trade Votto for an solid OF later on.

Why would he draft Votto? Because he's an absolutely sick player. So don't trade Votto, good god. Throw him in at the Utility spot and try to move Matsui if you can. But yes, I'd drop Napoli and grab a nice RP if possible.

And I'd hold onto Granderson rather than getting Span and Reyes
Matt_Domsic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Phreedom32 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:25 pm

Ok Thx guys...And Sorry, I didn't specify positions well enough...I did drop Napoli and pick up Frank Francisco...why he was available im not sure. Here are our Standard yahoo positions, i was just listing Eligibilty there, not roster slots.

C-
1B-
2B-
SS-
3B-
OF-
OF-
OF-
UTIL
UTIL

...Standard Yahoo format this year.
Phreedom32
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Heyward-4-MVP » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:00 pm

Looks pretty good except for the back end of your rotation, I think Dempster and Liriano are big question marks. Obviously you'll put Votto in one of the Util slots, and Matsui/Coghlan in the other. I'd try and trade Coghlan for a SP, since I think he's going to have a rough year with the pitching in the NL East.
Heyward-4-MVP
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team