What do I need? WHIR - seriously - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

What do I need? WHIR - seriously

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What do I need? WHIR - seriously

Postby fan of the cubs » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:55 am

h2h standard scoring, 12 team

hitters - hr, rbi, r, sb, obp

C- R. Martin
1B - P. Fielder
2B - C. Barmes
3B - B. Inge
SS - T. Tulo
OF - C. Quentin
OF - S. Choo
OF - J. Ellsbury
UT - K. Morales
Bench - K. Blanks, M. Scutaro, D. Ortiz, R. Davis, J. Borbon

pitchers - w, sv, era, whip, k

SP - D. Haren
SP - U. Jimenez
P - M. Cain
P - J. Jurrjens
RP - B. Fuentes
RP - J. Frasor

best available batters (based on %own across all leagues) - V. Guerrero, R. Weeks, C. Ross, P. Konerko, L. Milledge, J. Hardy, K. Johnson...and various others - C. Rasmus, D. Stubbs, M. LaPorta, T. Snider, D. Freese

best available pitchers - M. Latos, B. Arroyo, D. Matsuzaka, A. Harang, A. Pettitte, D. Lowe, J. Chamberlain, R. Wolf, A. Chapman, J. Cueto, F. Carmona, B. Penny, B. Zito, R. Wells

Thoughts?
fan of the cubs Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What do I need? WHIR - seriously

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:52 pm

im not a fan of Russell Martin. i think he is one of the most overrated C in baseball. if/when the SB go down more hes going to lose value. in the last 3 years he has had- 21,18,13. if he falls under 10 closer to 5 hes not as valuable. his HR have also dropped in 3 years- 19, 13, 7.

if Chris Davis can play up to his potential he is going to be a lot better than Inge at 3B. i dont buy Inge power numbers from last season and his AVG is bad. if i trusted Davis more i might even say Inge is droppable.

how long is Barmes going to be playing 2B? i think the Rockies could want to get Eric Young into the lineup.

take this advice. look at the splits for Dan Haren. he is always good in the 1st half and bad in the 2nd. trade him before the 2nd half. i had Haren last season and got advice to trade him mid season and i did. when Haren has great numbers through June/July you can trade him for another top SP, maybe even Sabathia who has been a good 2nd half pitcher.

i would be concerned about your closers. i read before on Fuentes that if he is failing the Angels could switch to Rodney. im also not sure on Frasor. he is someone the Jays could trade this season and i doubt its to become a closer on another team. there was word before and during spring training about the Jays looking to move him.

you have 2 other really good players on your bench in Blanks and Borbon. both could be starters. maybe you could use another starter in a trade to upgrade either C, 2B, RP

Rasmus could be good from waivers. hes going to be batting 2nd infront of Pujols. he struggled last season against LH pitching, but if he can improve on that hes going to be good. i dont think he is going to last long on waivers.
-just read yahoo news on him and see they say hes batting 5th after Holliday and before Ludwick. still a good spot in the batting order.

Harang could be someone to keep an eye on. he really isnt as bad as he has been the last 2 years. he does have a good K rate.

ive never played H2H so maybe its different than roto enough to my thoughts are different.

help?
viewtopic.php?t=406573
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 91)

Re: What do I need? WHIR - seriously

Postby fan of the cubs » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:56 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:im not a fan of Russell Martin. i think he is one of the most overrated C in baseball. if/when the SB go down more hes going to lose value. in the last 3 years he has had- 21,18,13. if he falls under 10 closer to 5 hes not as valuable. his HR have also dropped in 3 years- 19, 13, 7.

if Chris Davis can play up to his potential he is going to be a lot better than Inge at 3B. i dont buy Inge power numbers from last season and his AVG is bad. if i trusted Davis more i might even say Inge is droppable.

how long is Barmes going to be playing 2B? i think the Rockies could want to get Eric Young into the lineup.

take this advice. look at the splits for Dan Haren. he is always good in the 1st half and bad in the 2nd. trade him before the 2nd half. i had Haren last season and got advice to trade him mid season and i did. when Haren has great numbers through June/July you can trade him for another top SP, maybe even Sabathia who has been a good 2nd half pitcher.

i would be concerned about your closers. i read before on Fuentes that if he is failing the Angels could switch to Rodney. im also not sure on Frasor. he is someone the Jays could trade this season and i doubt its to become a closer on another team. there was word before and during spring training about the Jays looking to move him.

you have 2 other really good players on your bench in Blanks and Borbon. both could be starters. maybe you could use another starter in a trade to upgrade either C, 2B, RP

Rasmus could be good from waivers. hes going to be batting 2nd infront of Pujols. he struggled last season against LH pitching, but if he can improve on that hes going to be good. i dont think he is going to last long on waivers.
-just read yahoo news on him and see they say hes batting 5th after Holliday and before Ludwick. still a good spot in the batting order.

Harang could be someone to keep an eye on. he really isnt as bad as he has been the last 2 years. he does have a good K rate.

ive never played H2H so maybe its different than roto enough to my thoughts are different.

help?
viewtopic.php?t=406573

I don't much care for Martin either, but I got him late and hopefully he'll have a bounce back year, however unlikely. If he stinks or is injured for the next few weeks or month I'll drop him for a younger guy.

Yeah all the tier 1 and 2 3B and 2B were gone, so I basically let those positions drop. I don't have much faith in Inge or Barmes either.

Yeah I don't have any faith in my closers either, but I keep up with baseball more than anyone else in the league, so I'll be the first one to get new closers as they become available during the year. Closers went real early this year in my draft, I had no interest in following the trend.

I always dump Haren during the year for somebody else, well aware of his 2nd half dropoff.

I actually already released Rasmus for Blanks. Not a fan of Rasmus' inability to hit lefties.

For now I'm just going to see how my young players perform out of the gate and then go from there.
fan of the cubs Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team