my keeper team. WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

my keeper team. WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

my keeper team. WHIR

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:31 am

keeper league. yahoo, 15 team, 5x5, roto
i took over this team from someone else from last season. this is year 2 of this league.
3 keepers, but that could change for next year.

C- Geovany Soto (12)
1B- Adrian Gonzalez (keeper, round 2)
2B- Gordon Beckham (7) - [Orlando Hudson (21) until Beckham gets 2B eligibility]
3B- Evan Longoria (keeper, round 1)
SS- Ryan Theriot (14)
OF- Nelson Cruz (5)
OF- Carlos Gonzalez (8)
OF- Kyle Blanks (10)
UT- Juan Pierre (11)
BN- Dexter Fowler (17)
BN- Everth Cabrera (19)
BN- Cameron Maybin (20)

SP- Adam Wainwright (keeper, round 3)
SP- Felix Hernandez (4)
RP- Mariano Rivera (6)
RP-
P- Matt Garza (9)
P- Tim Hudson (13)
P- Johnny Cueto (15)
BN- Clayton Richard (16)
BN- Jason Hamel (18)

the only closer i have is Rivera. 15 team league, is that good enough?
i could pick up a potential closer when i drop Orlando Hudson after Beckham gets 2B eligibility.

i have speed on my bench. i read that Fowler may split time with Seth Smith. maybe i could cut lose on Fowler?

any other holes or upgrades i should look for?

leave a link, WHIR
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: my keeper team. WHIR

Postby Jenken » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:02 pm

Soto is a guy I would keep a close eye on. He's had a bad spring, and if he keeps it up,you may want to look elsewhere for a backstop.

Theriot is a solid SS, but Im not sure he is starter material. Look for a guy like Asdrubal Cabrera or A. Ramirez if you want a late round guy. He's not bad by any means, but I prefer those 2.

Don't like Pierre. I think last year was a flash in the pan, and he'll be back to the poor numbers he had before he waent to the dodgers. I'd look to move him, because Im sure someone will look at last years numbers and offer you a reliever, or a decent starter.

Nice PS, they should be good for you. Also like your offensive core, with Longoria, Gonzo and Cruz, with some upside guys in beckham, and CarGo.

Good job, thanks for the help on mine ;-D
Jenken
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:25 pm

in this 15 team keeper league the 2B/SS went fast. someone even took Yunel Escobar in round 5. most of the decent ones were gone early so i waited while to grab both Theriot and then Cabrera. i figure Theriot is batting leadoff for the Cubs could be good for R, but even if he fails i have Everth Cabrera on the bench who i think should eventually bat leadoff for the Padres and he has a ton of speed. 2008 in A level had 73 SB.

i actually really like Pierre. leading off full time for the Sox could steal 50+ with a lot of R.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Postby fan of the cubs » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:59 pm

I think Soto will bounce back from his horrible year last year, could be a great value pick for you or he could have another bad year, but whatever.

If another closer is available right now I would sign them. However, don't be worried if they are all on rosters already, more will become available during the year as the initial round of closers lose their jobs to poor performance and injuries.
fan of the cubs Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team