100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo StatTracker problem

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo StatTracker problem

Postby RyanP421 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:35 pm

Mortician wrote:
mblax10 wrote:
Mortician wrote:It's Easter, let them enjoy the holiday. There's one game on. What is stattracker needed for. Click "Matchup". It will show you exactly what stattracker does. I'm as excited as you guys for stattracker, but It's a free service, and its Easter. They'll fix it by tomorrow's games.

If you think the people at Yahoo who can solve this issue celebrate Easter, your pretty clueless on this industry. Head 2 Head is boring, I don't have a matchup button.

Maybe you should learn math then..... Knowing how to add and subtract can be a helpful tool for playing rotisserie

And Just because the yahoo workers themselves may not celebrate Easter doesn't mean that noone in their family does. I know my son would be upset if I had to run to work on a holiday because a bunch of morons can't figure out that 1 for 5 is a .200 avg....

Dude, get off your high horse. We join a certain site with the expectation that it will work. Why is it too much to expect it to work somewhat consistently? Truth is, it's not. Since today is Easter we are supposed to cut them slack? I'm pretty sure the 2010 calender has been set up for a while right? If there were competent people running Yahoo, this thing would have been better prepared to work today, so that these people can "enjoy Easter". But guess what? It's their job to make sure it's working. They signed up for it. So therefor, it should work.

If you go out to eat on Christmas Eve, and the waiter has a piss poor attitude and doesnt serve you very well, do you cut them slack because "aw it's Christmas Eve, they probably want to be at home?" Negative, it's their job that THEY signed up for, so it comes with the territory.

Yahoo sucks sometimes. And lately, it sucks more and more with the lack of consistency in players being added, etc. Lack of consistency on DL, roster moves, etc. And now this.
RyanP421
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RyanP421 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:37 pm

mblax10 wrote:
West wrote:It's a free service. Sometimes I just want to jam my foot down people's throat who don't realize that.

There is one G.D. game on. Watch it, enjoy it, and remember why we play this game in the first place.

So If I paid $10 I'd have a right to complain? Because I'll pay $10 for a Stattracker that works and doesn't get bogged down and 20 minutes behind like it did 3 times a month last year.

And I want to jam my foot down the people's throats who are dancing in the streets that Yahoo has finally caught up to their competitors and offers free stats.

I have nothing against Genie, but BFD that he posts on this board. Last year every time the slow stats issue came up the response was "It's our service provider's fault...We can't control that the stats are coming in slow." As a customer to Yahoo, I could care less what their service provider does. In fact, I shouldn't even know they exist. My customers have no idea what 3rd parties work with me or that they even exist, because they're MY customers. Not to mention if your providing a company as big as Yahoo a service, Yahoo has plenty of weight to demand a resolution or they'll find somebody else who can get it right.

FINALLY A COMPETENT POST! What's your name man, I'm putting y ou on my favorites list.

Haha, but it all seriousness. I really wish there was a great alternative to Yahoo, but unfortunately there really isn't yet.
RyanP421
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:40 pm

RyanP421 wrote:Haha, but it all seriousness. I really wish there was a great alternative to Yahoo, but unfortunately there really isn't yet.

Though I didn't think so last year, this year I'm starting to dig CBS too.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mortician » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:50 pm

RyanP421 wrote:
Mortician wrote:
mblax10 wrote:
If you think the people at Yahoo who can solve this issue celebrate Easter, your pretty clueless on this industry. Head 2 Head is boring, I don't have a matchup button.

Maybe you should learn math then..... Knowing how to add and subtract can be a helpful tool for playing rotisserie

And Just because the yahoo workers themselves may not celebrate Easter doesn't mean that noone in their family does. I know my son would be upset if I had to run to work on a holiday because a bunch of morons can't figure out that 1 for 5 is a .200 avg....

Dude, get off your high horse. We join a certain site with the expectation that it will work. Why is it too much to expect it to work somewhat consistently? Truth is, it's not. Since today is Easter we are supposed to cut them slack? I'm pretty sure the 2010 calender has been set up for a while right? If there were competent people running Yahoo, this thing would have been better prepared to work today, so that these people can "enjoy Easter". But guess what? It's their job to make sure it's working. They signed up for it. So therefor, it should work.

If you go out to eat on Christmas Eve, and the waiter has a piss poor attitude and doesnt serve you very well, do you cut them slack because "aw it's Christmas Eve, they probably want to be at home?" Negative, it's their job that THEY signed up for, so it comes with the territory.

Yahoo sucks sometimes. And lately, it sucks more and more with the lack of consistency in players being added, etc. Lack of consistency on DL, roster moves, etc. And now this.

dude... in the time it took you to post this message, you could have made your entire rotisserie league table..... Why don't you do a little work today yourself if it's no big deal...
Mortician
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby West » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:15 pm

What a bunch of complete and utter morons. Ryan-P and mblax, go somewhere else, ESPN, CBS, wherever. And also feel free to go to a different message board and subject someone else to your incessant bitching. What a bunch of pathetic, dependent whiners. A great game going on between the two of the best teams in MLB, and you guys spend all your time on here bitching. I'm done with this thread...
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 85)

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:22 pm

RyanP421 wrote:
Mortician wrote:
mblax10 wrote:

Three words: Play somewhere else.

It's not rocket science.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby West » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:26 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Three words: Play somewhere else.

It's not rocket science.

Thank you bighort, the voice of reason...
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 85)

Postby D-backsFan » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:19 am

luckily I have my great uncle and his fancy personal stat tracker

D-backsFan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RyanP421 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:31 am

Mortician wrote:
RyanP421 wrote:
Mortician wrote:

dude... in the time it took you to post this message, you could have made your entire rotisserie league table..... Why don't you do a little work today yourself if it's no big deal...

I don't play rotisserie. Anything else, sherlock?
RyanP421
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby RyanP421 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:36 am

West wrote:What a bunch of complete and utter morons. Ryan-P and mblax, go somewhere else, ESPN, CBS, wherever. And also feel free to go to a different message board and subject someone else to your incessant bitching. What a bunch of pathetic, dependent whiners. A great game going on between the two of the best teams in MLB, and you guys spend all your time on here bitching. I'm done with this thread...

Actually, the moron here is you. You're the one who thought it would be a good ida to resort to the personal attacks and name calling. But if that makes you feel all warm and gooey inside than by all means.

And spend all my time bitching? It took me 3 minutes to post that message. 3 minutes. That's 3 minutes. Did you know that in the duration of an entire day or even an entire baseball game, 3 minutes is essentially nothing? But yeah, I spent ALL day posting that message. In fact, I have 37 rough drafts of that message saved on my desktop right now.

Give me a break. Go look in the mirror and insult someone who actually values your opinion.

And to everyone saying "go play somewhere else"...How thoughtful, and how insightful! I hadn't thought of that myself! Had you actually comprehended what I wrote, you wouldnt have responded with that.
RyanP421
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers