Yahoo StatTracker problem - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo StatTracker problem

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo StatTracker problem

Postby Mortician » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:21 pm

mblax10 wrote:I wish I had blind faith in a site to correct issues that has a history of issues and being unresponsive to customer suggestions/complaints.

The Yahoo Genie is always on this forum and generally responds very quickly to any issues, and the problems are usually corrected exactly when they say it will be.

It's Easter, let them enjoy the holiday. There's one game on. What is stattracker needed for. Click "Matchup". It will show you exactly what stattracker does. I'm as excited as you guys for stattracker, but It's a free service, and its Easter. They'll fix it by tomorrow's games.

I'm actually happy this happened now. It glitches when we have no need for it, and now they'll have all morning to correct the glitch before any games start. Much better than getting this glitch tomorrow at 1 o'clock!
Mortician
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mblax10 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:29 pm

West wrote:It's a free service. Sometimes I just want to jam my foot down people's throat who don't realize that.

There is one G.D. game on. Watch it, enjoy it, and remember why we play this game in the first place.

So If I paid $10 I'd have a right to complain? Because I'll pay $10 for a Stattracker that works and doesn't get bogged down and 20 minutes behind like it did 3 times a month last year.

And I want to jam my foot down the people's throats who are dancing in the streets that Yahoo has finally caught up to their competitors and offers free stats.

I have nothing against Genie, but BFD that he posts on this board. Last year every time the slow stats issue came up the response was "It's our service provider's fault...We can't control that the stats are coming in slow." As a customer to Yahoo, I could care less what their service provider does. In fact, I shouldn't even know they exist. My customers have no idea what 3rd parties work with me or that they even exist, because they're MY customers. Not to mention if your providing a company as big as Yahoo a service, Yahoo has plenty of weight to demand a resolution or they'll find somebody else who can get it right.
mblax10
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby mblax10 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:31 pm

Mortician wrote:It's Easter, let them enjoy the holiday. There's one game on. What is stattracker needed for. Click "Matchup". It will show you exactly what stattracker does. I'm as excited as you guys for stattracker, but It's a free service, and its Easter. They'll fix it by tomorrow's games.

If you think the people at Yahoo who can solve this issue celebrate Easter, your pretty clueless on this industry. Head 2 Head is boring, I don't have a matchup button.
mblax10
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mortician » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:55 pm

mblax10 wrote:
Mortician wrote:It's Easter, let them enjoy the holiday. There's one game on. What is stattracker needed for. Click "Matchup". It will show you exactly what stattracker does. I'm as excited as you guys for stattracker, but It's a free service, and its Easter. They'll fix it by tomorrow's games.

If you think the people at Yahoo who can solve this issue celebrate Easter, your pretty clueless on this industry. Head 2 Head is boring, I don't have a matchup button.

Maybe you should learn math then..... Knowing how to add and subtract can be a helpful tool for playing rotisserie

And Just because the yahoo workers themselves may not celebrate Easter doesn't mean that noone in their family does. I know my son would be upset if I had to run to work on a holiday because a bunch of morons can't figure out that 1 for 5 is a .200 avg....
Mortician
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 13)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:11 pm

mblax10 wrote:

If you hate Yahoo! so much and are going to freak out about missing one (or heaven forbid it's not fixed by tomorrow night) game, then use another service.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby matthos » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:17 pm

Here's a link to the classic stattracker which it working.

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/"league ID here"/loadstattracker?classic=1

;-D
matthos
College Coach
College Coach

Postby matthos » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:22 pm

hit refresh a couple times if you get an error.
matthos
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RyanP421 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:28 pm

West wrote:It would suck if it were tomorrow night maybe... just watch the game, I'm sure Yahoo will figure it out.

I'm not so sure. They havent been able to figure out a consistent way to get players into the database, they have consistently had Stat Tracker not work opening day for years now. Basically, the only thing Yahoo has on other companies is the visual layout of each "league" and the layout of your team and whatnot. If only CBS didnt look like a word document, I would switch immediately and actually be able to see scores and add players I want to add.......

"Join Yahoo this year, Stat Tracker is free starting in 2010!".

With the small print reading "free but not working" So download it for free all you want!
RyanP421
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby RyanP421 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:30 pm

matthos wrote:hit refresh a couple times if you get an error.

Doesnt do anything
RyanP421
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby WickedSmaat » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:33 pm

OMG STATTRACKER NOT WORKING MY SEASON IS RUINED! ARGH!

On a serious note, Stattracker isn't even really needed for roto, much less a necessity to even finish a baseball season.

To anyone having a problem with Yahoo and complaining, my suggestion is to leave and take your time to create a service to suit your fantasy baseball needs that has zero problems. This way you can not have to use Yahoo and maybe make some money because you would subsequently make it better than Yahoo.

My suggestion, Yahoo should follow Apple and not support Flash anymore through their StatTracker.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers