Cy Young Challenge - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Cy Young Challenge

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cy Young Challenge

Postby cti531 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:42 pm

Just thought I would let you guys know about a pool that I run each season. The cost is $20 for the season and here is how it works...

Each week you select a pitcher that you think will perform well. You can only use a pitcher one time for the entire season (so if you use Lincecum in Week #1 that's it for the season).

Each week you will be given that pitcher's stat line which accumulates towards your own season totals.

At the end of the season whoever has the best stat-line wins the Cy Young and all the money in the pot. This is voted on by the other teams in the pool and you will not be allowed to vote for yourself. I will also weed out the ones who are obviously not in the running before hand, so nobody can just throw away a vote.

Over the course of the season you will select 33 different pitchers. Since there are 27 weeks in the season you will be selecting one pitcher per week and in addition...once a month you will also select an extra pitcher (this can be selected anytime during that month). This will give everyone the same 33 starts (or the equivalent of a #1 MLB starting pitcher who doesn't spend time on the DL).

The week starts on Monday and ends on Sunday. You may select your pitcher anytime during the week before the start of his game. You are not locked in on that pitcher until his game starts. So if you pick a guy on Monday who is scheduled to pitch Thursday and then for some reason he gets hurt or you just change your mind...no problem, you can change it.

I will e-mail everyone when a pitcher has been selected by another member in the pool. This way you can root against them! Each Sunday evening or Monday morning I will e-mail everyone a sheet showing where you are in the running.

Let me know if any of you are interested or if any of your friends or co-workers are as well. The more the merrier!

Email me at sudcity73@yahoo.com
cti531
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds