HELP! Draft tomorrow, how many pitchers do I draft? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Beginner's Forum

HELP! Draft tomorrow, how many pitchers do I draft?

HELP! Draft tomorrow, how many pitchers do I draft?

Postby GIO28 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:42 pm

HELP!! Sorry if this is addressed somewhere else, I was unable to find it. I am new to fantasy baseball and am drafting both a Yahoo H2H and roto league tomorrow morning. Both are 12-team, 5x5 scoring, 23-man rosters. For pitchers, scoring spots for 2 SP, 2 RP, 4P.

My question is on drafting pitchers. How many should I draft, particular, how many SP and RP, and of those RP, how many should be closers?
A buddy told me I should draft 11P, of which 6 SP, 6 RP (3 MIDRELIEF, 3 CLOSER). His reason was to put the 6 RP in the 2 RP and 4 P scoring spots, and rotate your 5 SP into the 2 SP scoring spots when they start.

He could be right, but that just sounded weird to me so I just wanted to confirm or reject what he told me. Any help or advice anyone can give me on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
GIO28
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: HELP! Draft tomorrow, how many pitchers do I draft?

Postby AS52 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:56 pm

It's all going to depend on your positional player lineup requirements. If you draft 11 pitchers you would only have 12 hitters. If you are starting a basic
C-1B-2B-3B-SS-OF-OF-OF
lineup then going 11 pitchers and doing the half SP/RP will work out. However if you have an added IF/OF/UTIL spot or spots and/or your OF is broken down by LF-CF-RF (which I doubt with only 23 players) then it would obviously change the strategy.
AS52
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Beginner's Forum