I'm actually not discouraged at all by his start against Seattle.
He got into deep trouble in the 2nd, and somehow weaseled out of it, then went on a fantastical journey in the 5th, but the 5th was only singles and walks.
Bottom 5th: Seattle
- J. Wilson grounded bunt out to catcher
- I. Suzuki singled
- C. Figgins walked, I. Suzuki to second
- F. Gutierrez walked, I. Suzuki to third, C. Figgins to second
- J. Lopez fouled out to shortstop
- M. Bradley singled to shallow left, I. Suzuki and C. Figgins scored, F. Gutierrez to second
- C. Gaudin relieved G. Gonzalez
He's not really getting hit hard, and he's getting his share of groundballs and Ks.
This is still a growth season for him really (he's only 24 and had 133 innings under his belt before this season) , so it shouldn't really be a shock if he walks a few now and again.