Roster thoughts? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Roster thoughts? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Roster thoughts? WHIR

Postby UMTerp29 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:39 pm

Thoughts on this 5x5 roto, 12 team league roster?

C Iannetta
1B Fielder
2B Hill
3B Sandoval
SS Andrus
CI Howard
MI Aviles
OF Granderson
OF Bruce
OF Morgan
OF Rios
OF Garrett Jones
Util Beckham
Bench Morneau
Bench Sean Rodriguez

SP Jimenez
SP Nolasco
RP Mike Gonzalez
RP Nunez
P Price
P De La Rosa
P Liriano
P Slowey
Bench Webb
Bench League
Bench Ervin Santana
DL Lidge

My thoughts - I'm loaded at the corner IF slots with Fielder, Howard, Morneau, and Sandoval. Once Beckham gains 2b eligibilty, I'll move Hill to MI and Aviles to the bench. OF is a little suspect right now, I could move a CI player for an upgrade here. I took some risks with my pitchers since I went with offense early in the draft. Risk/reward staff with De La Rosa, Webb, Santana, Liriano. My RP are really weak.
UMTerp29
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Roster thoughts? WHIR

Postby spencerquam » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:18 am

I think you have a very good lineup. You have a lot of power, run producers, and base stealers. I think you could improve your pitching staff. You have a lot of household names but not too many of them have an impressively low ERA. I would try to get a pitcher who has a lower ERA and more K's. Other than that you have a very competitve team.
spencerquam
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby stevereigh » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:21 am

spencerquam wrote:I think you have a very good lineup. You have a lot of power, run producers, and base stealers. I think you could improve your pitching staff. You have a lot of household names but not too many of them have an impressively low ERA. I would try to get a pitcher who has a lower ERA and more K's. Other than that you have a very competitve team.

I agree 100%. Maybe you can use Aviles to your advantage and trade him for a better pitcher. Give it a few weeks and let things pan out.
stevereigh Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby lyons595 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:47 am

Pretty nice team.
You have insane depth at CI. Too much. Maybe that was a draft strategy, and if it was, good idea. But you need to move someone to upgrade you RP>SP. Nunez is a waste, IMO. Santana & Webb can be special, but are huge questions. A little more OF pop would be good too. I am high on Granderson this year (nice job).

I know you may not want to think about this, but trading Howard or Fielder could net you 3 nice pieces that fill all your holes. It would be a matter of finding another roster that matches well with yours. Good luck.

help please: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=406252
lyons595
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 217)

Postby Fantasy GM » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:15 pm

Nice team. I say trade Morneau for pitching. Morneau is traditionally an early starter, so if he gets hot, you could ned a nice SP for him. As you said, your pitching is high risk-high reward, another very good SP will provide you with more reward.

Your thoughts: viewtopic.php?t=406472
Fantasy GM
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Irish Drunk » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:33 pm

You may want to strangle Iannetta by June.
I see some sophomore struggles for Andrus but the good thing is you have a nice backup plan with Aviles, who I have pegged as one of the comeback players of the year.
That OF needs some work. Why did you focus so much on 1B early (Fielder, Howard and Morneau) yet neglect to get a top tier OF.

On the good side there certainly is no lack of power. All things being equal I can't see another team coming close to you in HR's. Personally I like the pitching staff you have. I'm very high on Nolasco, Liriano and Price this year. Jimenez is a star in the making and I see a bounceback season for E Santana. I don't understand why League is on your team, he has to be the most frustrating pitcher in all of baseball (take that from a Jays fan).
Irish Drunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 160)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team