Players Already On The DL Who Yahoo May Have Missed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Players Already On The DL Who Yahoo May Have Missed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Players Already On The DL Who Yahoo May Have Missed

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:25 am

funny thing is they put reyes on DL and i don't think he's officially on the DL yet.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby West » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:28 am

J.C.Fighter wrote:I'm missing on guys left and right thanks to Yahoo being slow on the Kinsler yahoo spot..

I may be wrong (and I'm sure we will see Fantasy Sports Genie comment here soon) but as someone else mentioned, it is more likely a problem with a third party stat provider or some MLB roster/DL technicality than Yahoo goofing up.

My best guess is that everything will update today, as it is opening day and rosters must be set. It's possible that roster changes (such as DL designation) are not official until opening day.

BitterDodgerFan wrote:funny thing is they put reyes on DL and i don't think he's officially on the DL yet.

Jose Reyes, meanwhile, will be on the sidelines until at least April 11, after the Mets put him on the DL retroactive to March 26.

source:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3731 ... os-beltran
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 92)

Postby kab21 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:29 am

AussieDodger wrote:I hate to be "that guy" but Marc Rzeppelin has been on the DL for 2 days now, and Yahoo hasn't put him on it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/8523/news

Apr 1 Rzepczynski (hand) was placed on the 15-day DL on Thursday, the team's official site reports.

Recommendation: This was nothing more than some roster cleanup for the Jays as they prepare for Opening Day. He'll be sidelined until mid-May.

I think there are a couple of others as well, but can't remember who they are.
Are the separate stat provider peeps asleep at the wheel on this, or is there a rule that I don't know?

If you follow the links to the original article it says that Rzep WILL be placed on the DL on sunday. So yahoo isn't sleeping they are just waiting for the official (JTWood) paperwork to be filed.

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/ar ... sp&c_id=to
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 167)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:33 am

West wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:funny thing is they put reyes on DL and i don't think he's officially on the DL yet.

Jose Reyes, meanwhile, will be on the sidelines until at least April 11, after the Mets put him on the DL retroactive to March 26.

source:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3731 ... os-beltran

yes they will put him on DL but i don't think it has taken place yet... and ESPN removed the DL status from reyes meanwhile.. :-?
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby West » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:50 am

Ok...thanks for the updates on that guys, guess I should go straight to the official sources next time.

And now I'm thoroughly confused... :-?

edit - and why would ESPN take Reyes off, if he was place on the DL retroactively to March 26th? It would seem to me that once you put someone on the DL retroactively to a date, there's no way he could come off until eligible; and thus no reason for ESPN to do something like that.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am

Sat, Apr 3: Reyes is slated to be off Sunday, and despite ramping up his activity, all signs still point to him beginning the year on the disabled list. Assuming he has no setbacks, look for him to be activated April 11.

so it sounds like it's not really official yet. i'm not sure if ESPN is right or yahoo is right.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby West » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:14 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:
Sat, Apr 3: Reyes is slated to be off Sunday, and despite ramping up his activity, all signs still point to him beginning the year on the disabled list. Assuming he has no setbacks, look for him to be activated April 11.

so it sounds like it's not really official yet. i'm not sure if ESPN is right or yahoo is right.

Okay, I'm pretty sure you are right about Reyes, according to what I read on MLB.com. I'm wondering why Yahoo jumped the gun on him before it was official.

On another note, this is what I have for Rzepz-, from the Yahoo player page:

Apr 1 Rzepczynski (hand) was placed on the 15-day DL on Thursday, the team's official site reports.
Recommendation: This was nothing more than some roster cleanup for the Jays as they prepare for Opening Day. He'll be sidelined until mid-May.

So, officially, he is already on the DL. Why he is not on Yahoo's DL? We may never know.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kab21 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:52 am

West wrote:
On another note, this is what I have for Rzepz-, from the Yahoo player page:

So, officially, he is already on the DL. Why he is not on Yahoo's DL? We may never know.

No he isn't. I already posted this but yahoo links to rotowire which links to the official Jays page. And the official Jays page says McGowan and Rzep WILL be placed on the DL by the sunday deadline.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 167)

Postby Ursa » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:52 am

The Texas MLB site reports that Kinsler is "shut down for a few days", updated yesterday. He may not be going on the DL it seems. Maybe. I might have to drop someone to get a 2B. :-C
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby jackie hayes » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:01 am

I posted about conflicting reports on Reyes in another thread. There's a lot of confusion about who is and isn't on the dl already, so I wouldn't be confident unless it's reported in a few places (and best of all, on MLB's own transactions website).
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 77)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers