Poll: Carlos Gonzalez VS. Hunter Pence - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Poll: Carlos Gonzalez VS. Hunter Pence

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who will have more 5x5 Roto value, Hunter Pence or Carlos Gonzalez?

Hunter Pence
34
47%
Carlos Gonzalez
38
53%
 
Total votes : 72

Re: Poll: Carlos Gonzalez VS. Hunter Pence

Postby West » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:22 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:So we know what Pence is capable of.....and we aren't sure what CarGo can do. CarGo is going two rounds later, hits at the top of a better lineup and seems to be building off of an excellent 2nd half/playoffs last year. I'll take Gonzalez two rounds later.


I would take CarGo two rounds later as well. And I agree with you. However, my whole point was that I saw CarGo getting taken before Pence numerous times, and the question is - straight up - who do you like better. Disregard draft position.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1518
(Past Year: 94)
Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Poll: Carlos Gonzalez VS. Hunter Pence

Postby yaboygino » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:44 pm

I dont think u guys know what CarGos ceiling is..all i know is that he is in a better lineup and more than likely outproduce Pence.
yaboygino
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 298
Joined: 28 May 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Poll: Carlos Gonzalez VS. Hunter Pence

Postby West » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:33 pm

yaboygino wrote:I dont think u guys know what CarGos ceiling is..all i know is that he is in a better lineup and more than likely outproduce Pence.


If you are going to tell us what we do and don't know, you may want to use better grammar and punctuation to strengthen your argument.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1518
(Past Year: 94)
Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Poll: Carlos Gonzalez VS. Hunter Pence

Postby tablesetter » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:00 pm

A lot of the downside of Pence is his lack of Runs and RBIs in the past. Both will get a boost this season due to a better spot in the line up. It's Pence all the way.
tablesetter
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 42
Joined: 13 Mar 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Poll: Carlos Gonzalez VS. Hunter Pence

Postby yaboygino » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:12 pm

West wrote:
yaboygino wrote:I dont think u guys know what CarGos ceiling is..all i know is that he is in a better lineup and more than likely outproduce Pence.


If you are going to tell us what we do and don't know, you may want to use better grammar and punctuation to strengthen your argument.


I didnt know i was writing a term paper. Anyways, i understand if your mad that you drafted pence over carlos...i would be too
Last edited by bigken117 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited out - Eat a dick. hows that for grammEr?
yaboygino
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 298
Joined: 28 May 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Poll: Carlos Gonzalez VS. Hunter Pence

Postby fezzik » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:14 pm

I like them both. Throwing out draft position, Pence wins out by a hair for me because he's more of a sure thing. Pence's BB% and K% improved nicely last year, and if he can continue that trend he's only going to get better. I think he will still get a little stronger too. I see him hitting 25-30 HRs. That being said I think it's only a matter of time before his SBs take a dip with his poor rate of success.

CarGo looks to be pretty awesome too. I don't really get the BABIP criticism...he's always had a pretty high one. With his speed and solid LD%, I could see him sustaining a .330 BABIP. I expect him to steal considerably more than Pence, but not hit for as much power. I'd like either one on my team. CarGo's K% is something to be watch, but I like everything else I'm seeing...

I'd prefer CarGo in a keeper.
Image
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 2415
Joined: 9 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Inside my head

Re: Poll: Carlos Gonzalez VS. Hunter Pence

Postby West » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:25 pm

yaboygino wrote:
West wrote:
yaboygino wrote:I dont think u guys know what CarGos ceiling is..all i know is that he is in a better lineup and more than likely outproduce Pence.


If you are going to tell us what we do and don't know, you may want to use better grammar and punctuation to strengthen your argument.


Anyways, i understand if your mad that you drafted pence over carlos...i would be too


Haha...I didn't draft Pence over Car-go...CarGo was already gone when I drafted Pence.
Last edited by bigken117 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit out - [quote]Eat a dick.[/quote]
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1518
(Past Year: 94)
Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Poll: Carlos Gonzalez VS. Hunter Pence

Postby fezzik » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:32 pm

yaboygino wrote:hows that for grammEr? I didnt know i was writing a term paper. Anyways, i understand if your mad that you drafted pence over carlos...i would be too


I think most people couldn't care less about your grammar or spelling, but you really didn't add much to the discussion.

yaboygino wrote:I dont think u guys know what CarGos ceiling is..all i know is that he is in a better lineup and more than likely outproduce Pence.


I agree CarGo's ceiling could be quite high, but you gave no logical reasoning as to why you felt CarGo would be a better pick for this season other than Colorado's lineup and a feeling you have...and saying all you know is that he will most likely outproduce Pence just comes off poorly. If you explained why you feel he will outproduce Pence, it would have been better...probably more convincing.

Personally, I think the two are neck and neck in terms of value...I like them both a lot.
Image
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 2415
Joined: 9 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Inside my head

Re: Poll: Carlos Gonzalez VS. Hunter Pence

Postby AS52 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:25 pm

If you play in a SB Net league like I do Pence does nothing for you on the base paths. I voted CarGo.
AS52
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 31
Joined: 25 Mar 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Poll: Carlos Gonzalez VS. Hunter Pence

Postby tablesetter » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:11 pm

Standard 5x5, Pence is a 4 cat guy with an outside chance at 5 (AVG).
tablesetter
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 42
Joined: 13 Mar 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Aug. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Houston at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(1:10 pm)
Detroit at Tampa Bay
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Washington
(4:05 pm)
LA Angels at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Atlanta at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
San Francisco at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
San Diego at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact