Netflix Watch It Now - mother lode today - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Netflix Watch It Now - mother lode today

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Netflix Watch It Now - mother lode today

Postby jfg » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:33 pm

Metroid wrote:They didn't have the X Files before? :-?

They had it on DVD but now it's available to watch instantly.

I think Netflix Instant Watch is going to be the next great thing for old TV shows. Most of those King of the Hill seasons were never released because it didn't make financial sense for the studio. Now, they can just encode the shows, skip the packaging and retailing and put them up on Netflix or other streaming services. I see this happening with a lot of shows that haven't seen a DVD release yet.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:58 pm

Metroid wrote:
KCollins1304 wrote:
Metroid wrote:They didn't have the X Files before? :-?

I wish season 4 of Dexter, season 2 of Fringe, and season 6 of The Office would hurry up and come out. :-[

Although I just saw that season 2 of True Blood is out in May. ;-D

First time I've heard Fringe mentioned on here, I like that show a lot. Last night's episode was pretty good. I love Dexter and Office too though.

I really like Fringe too. It's not nearly as good but it kinda has an X Files feel to it. I never watch TV shows while they're running on TV, I'll never remember and will miss episodes. Also I don't have a DVR so I just wait for them to reach Netflix and then watch a season over a period of a few days.

Yes, Fringe is awesome. I was so happy to see it picked up for a 3rd season, because it was in doubt for a while.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:32 pm

StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby jfg » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:35 pm

StlSluggers wrote:http://www.netflix.com/NRD/Wii

;-D

Only problem with Wii is that it's not HD and unless you have the LAN adapter it's wifi. I'm in an apartment so my wifi can be flaky due to interference with other routers no matter what channel I'm on. But it is nice to see Netflix available on so many different devices now and the growing library. Can't go wrong there.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby jfg » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:23 pm

One cool thing about Instant Watch is the amount of old, classic movies they have in HD. I watched A Man For All Seasons last night in HD and the colors and detail were amazing- it's not even out on Bluray. It's another success of the instant watch format- these movies would have taken years to come out on Bluray, maybe they would have never made it to Bluray and now we can watch them in their HD glory without waiting for the studios to decide if it would benefit them financially to release them on a physical format. Win for us!
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby jfg » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:14 pm

A ton of movies were added yesterday due to a new studio deal. However, I'm a little disappointed by the HD content. Why would I ever watch the new Star Trek or Iron Man in standard def?
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:21 pm

jfg wrote:A ton of movies were added yesterday due to a new studio deal. However, I'm a little disappointed by the HD content. Why would I ever watch the new Star Trek or Iron Man in standard def?

You mean like we used to back in the old days, like 5 years ago. :-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:44 pm

Metroid wrote:
jfg wrote:A ton of movies were added yesterday due to a new studio deal. However, I'm a little disappointed by the HD content. Why would I ever watch the new Star Trek or Iron Man in standard def?

You mean like we used to back in the old days, like 5 years ago. :-b

If it's not high-def 1080P 3-D, it's simply not worth the strain on my eyes.. ;-7
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby jfg » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:55 pm

I know it seems silly, but if Netflix wants streaming to succeed they need to find a way to provide HD streams of movies that exist in HD. I didn't upgrade all my home theater equipment to watch movies in the same quality I watched them in before I upgraded. They do have a ton of HD content that I'll never get around to watching but to add movies made for the HD format in SD is kind of stupid.... it's probably not them, it's probably the studios, but if they really want to get people to go all streaming they still have a ton of work to do.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:19 pm

No netflix in Canada yet :-t

Supposed to start up this fall ;-D

Internet carriers are the main competition for Netflix however and the talk is that they will make the internet streaming impossible for Netflix :-t
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk