HOW DO MAX GAME PLAYED SETTINGS WORK? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

HOW DO MAX GAME PLAYED SETTINGS WORK?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

HOW DO MAX GAME PLAYED SETTINGS WORK?

Postby rox4life » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:21 am

hey guys, i have played h2h fantasy baseball for years, and am just starting roto this year. I looked at the scoring and i completely understand the innings pitched maximum, but what i dont get is what the max games played is, my league says 162, so does that mean each player on my roster can play in a max of 162 games, if so why is this even on there, that would be the same as saying unlimited, right?

i would appreciate some help, thanks guys

brian

THIS LEAGUE IS ON YAHOO
rox4life
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: HOW DO MAX GAME PLAYED SETTINGS WORK?

Postby bigmck » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:43 am

I agree that it useless. I have never set it. I don't see any need for any max's in roto.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 62)

Re: HOW DO MAX GAME PLAYED SETTINGS WORK?

Postby MTUCache » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:33 am

The game-max is for your team, at that position, for the entire season.

With games everyday (other than the ASB) for the next 26 weeks, there's 182 days worth of games coming up in the season. It's possible to make substitutions at a position to get not only 162 games out of your "everyday" player, but to get another 20 games out of a player who just happens to play on the others day off (for another MLB team obviously). Basically it would mean putting in your subs on Mondays/Thursdays to make sure that you have guys playing 7 days/week instead of 6.

It likely won't become an issue in any league that isn't ultra competitive and active... but it's something that they need to put in there to keep people from "streaming" at every position.
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Commissioner's Corner