Drafted my first keeper team...what do you think? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Drafted my first keeper team...what do you think?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Drafted my first keeper team...what do you think?

Postby nutty » Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:40 pm

10 team keeper points league (5 will be kept)...this is the inaugural season.

Points...

hitters: R (1), 1B (1), 2B (2), 3B (3), HR (4), RBI (1), SB (2), CS (-1), BB (1), K (-1)
172 Games max per position

pitchers: W (10), L (-6), CG (7), SV (5), OUT (1), H (-1), ER (-2), HR (-1), BB (-1), K (1), GIDP (1)
1400 IP max

C: Lieberthal
1B: Helton
2B: Vidro
SS: Renteria
3B: Rolen
MI: Polanco (2B/3B)
CI: A. Ramirez
OF1: A. Jones
OF2: L. Gonzalez
OF3: T. Hunter
Util: M. Bradley

Bench: C. Floyd, J. Jimenez (2B)

SP1: Halladay
SP2: K. Brown
RP1: Dotel
RP2: Nathan
P: Graves
P: Looper
P: Baez

Bench: Santana, L. Hernandez, Buehrle

I tried to get as many closers as possible with the reason that the points per inning is higher than a middle/lower tier starter.

So what do you think? Any weaknesses?
nutty
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shortsavage » Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:56 pm

Interesting scoring system. I like how you guys chose to give pitchers points for getting the double play. I don't know about the 1 point per out though. You are right, that is going to make RPs worth a ton.

Sorry that I put more thought into your scoring system than I did your team. I only took that route because you have a very solid squad, with some great chips for a league that allows five keepers.

You should be competitive for years ;-D .
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby republic666 » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:04 pm

A lot of Speed/power combos in the IF and OF. No huge holes. i wonder how your league will find the system by year's end? RPs seem to have a loophole to gain points.
"Strikeouts are boring. Besides, they're fascist."
republic666
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:44 am

republic666 wrote: i wonder how your league will find the system by year's end? RPs seem to have a loophole to gain points.

Thanks for the input republick666 and shortsavage.

I suggested blown saves...maybe Yahoo doesn't have that stat? I suspect the top teams this year will have many closers and everyone will figure it out. Maybe Yahoo's ranking of Gagne at #4 isn't too far out of wack with this system.

There's one other team that also has 5 closers that I think I need to keep an eye on...they are only a few horses short of complete.

I just picked up Patterson and dropped Jimenez.

Chacon is out there still. If I plug Graves in the SP slot, I can plug Chacon in a P slot. The more the merrier! B-)

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby nutty » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:45 am

:-[ Darn it. Forgot to log in. That was me (obviously).
nutty
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby WharfRat » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:53 am

Anonymous wrote:
republic666 wrote: i wonder how your league will find the system by year's end? RPs seem to have a loophole to gain points.

Thanks for the input republick666 and shortsavage.

I suggested blown saves...maybe Yahoo doesn't have that stat? I suspect the top teams this year will have many closers and everyone will figure it out. Maybe Yahoo's ranking of Gagne at #4 isn't too far out of wack with this system.

There's one other team that also has 5 closers that I think I need to keep an eye on...they are only a few horses short of complete.

I just picked up Patterson and dropped Jimenez.

Chacon is out there still. If I plug Graves in the SP slot, I can plug Chacon in a P slot. The more the merrier! B-)

Patterson will KILL this year. Between him, Bradley, and Gonzo, at least one will be healthy at all times.

Chacon is worth having....but I'm not sure who you want to drop. Isn't he a ground ball pitcher? I'm thinking GIDP's, in addition to saves...maybe drop Looper? Man, that's a tough one.
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:49 pm

Thanks for the comments, WharfRat. Hope you're right about Patterson.

I dropped Buehrle and picked up Chacon. I forgot that Chacon is eligible at SP also. Duh. Means I COULD pick up yet another relief pitcher to start every day.

By my projections, I will be about 50 IP shy of the 1400 IP limit (without figuring in pitching injuries and injuries lost when SP are plugged in). I'm gonna keep an eye on Edwin Jackson. Heard he's got good stuff.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team