FAAB prcess for add/drops - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

FAAB prcess for add/drops

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

FAAB prcess for add/drops

Postby drtodddds » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:46 am

I am the commissioner of a 10 team 5x5 roto keeper league on CBS.

Our league has been in existence for about 10 years, but this year we are looking at the option to switch from using the waiver process for adds/drops to something called FAAB. As I understand it, it is a blind bidding process to pick up free agents using points assigned to each team. It's not real $, but once those points are used up, no more adds are possible. I have many questions regarding this and hoped that I could get some feedback from you all.
1. Have you used this? Do you like it?
2. How many points is a good amount to assign to each team? 100? 500?
3. How long is the bidding process? 1 day, 2 days?

I would appreciate any explaination of the FAAB process or advise regarding its use or your experience with it.
Thanks!
drtodddds
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: FAAB prcess for add/drops

Postby bigmck » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:43 pm

drtodddds wrote:I am the commissioner of a 10 team 5x5 roto keeper league on CBS.

Our league has been in existence for about 10 years, but this year we are looking at the option to switch from using the waiver process for adds/drops to something called FAAB. As I understand it, it is a blind bidding process to pick up free agents using points assigned to each team. It's not real $, but once those points are used up, no more adds are possible. I have many questions regarding this and hoped that I could get some feedback from you all.
1. Have you used this? Do you like it?
2. How many points is a good amount to assign to each team? 100? 500?
3. How long is the bidding process? 1 day, 2 days?

I would appreciate any explaination of the FAAB process or advise regarding its use or your experience with it.
Thanks!

Hi -- First I am referring to the pay Commissioner League, not the free one. == We have used this for the last three years. It works very good. You should use it. I would say 200 is a good number. You have the option of setting the bid process for 1, 2 or 3 days. You also have the option of deciding which days of the week it will run. I like Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It runs at about 2 AM ET If you check Monday, Wednesday and Friday, that means it will run at the end of the day. Friday's run is actually at 2 AM ET Saturday. == There is one thing that you need to be aware of. Let's say you have your site set for two days and to run on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. When a player is dropped for example on Tuesday, he has a two day wait before before the FAAB will process his bids. The two day wait would be Wednesday and Thursday. Since the FAAB is not set to run untill Friday (Saturday AM) that is when he would be processed. It tells you this when you place a bid on a player.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner