Protestable Trade? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Protestable Trade?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Protestable Trade?

Postby nacho742 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:53 pm

12 team AL only standard 5x5 H2H. Deep league (CI, MI, 8 pitchers) -- 276 players drafted.

This trade just went through (no window) --

Owner 1 gets:
- Kinsler

Owner 2 gets:
- Jenks
- Jhonny Peralta
- Chris Getz

Owner 2 did not have a SS elig player, but hardly justifies this deal in my mind. Want to go to the league with this, but would love a few more opinions.
nacho742
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Protestable Trade?

Postby BoBtheMule » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:47 pm

if there was no collusion there should be no veto

I get that some leagues allow league voting... which is stupid b/c then it's not about a fair trade or not but about how a trade effects you but I'm sorry but I don't see how any commish justifies dictating how someone else should run there team.

That isn't your job. Your job is to make sure things are FAIR, not tell people how to run their team.

Besides, Kinsler is HURT... again, let the guy make the trade he wants to. If it's a Mod Edit: bad deal, it's a Mod Edit: bad deal and he pays for it but at least he got to sink his own ship.

Bob
Last edited by bigken117 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: bad language
BoBtheMule
College Coach
College Coach

Postby nacho742 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:01 am

I should have clarified. I'm not the commish. I am not involved in this trade at all. Team 1 is actually the commish and the trade went through without any kind of window to discuss/protest.

The questions are: (1) how lopsided is this trade? and (2) am i justified making a stink about this situation?

There is no collusion, but someone is being taken advantage of in my mind.
nacho742
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigmck » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:42 am

nacho742 wrote:I should have clarified. I'm not the commish. I am not involved in this trade at all. Team 1 is actually the commish and the trade went through without any kind of window to discuss/protest.

The questions are: (1) how lopsided is this trade? and (2) am i justified making a stink about this situation?

If there is no collusion and one guys is being taken advantage of, it is not your place to say anything. Everytime there is a trade that you think is uneven, you can't protest. Some guys just make bad deals and will never win. That is part of the game.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby oleredb » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:05 am

For this season offer player 2 the same kind of trades that player 1 did (2 for 1 and 3 for 1 deals). Look for weaknesses in his lineup and try to exploit them. If there is no collusion then either player 2 has some tough lessons to learn or he is one of the guys who has more fun trading than he does winning.

I never object to one lopsided trade between two owners because killing every trade I do not like will also kill the league. However, if this becomes a pattern between two teams throughout the season email the commish expressing your dissatisfaction and concerns, if you are not satisfied with the results of your dialogue with him then finish the year as best you can and look for a new league next spring.
oleredb
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 12)

Postby BoBtheMule » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:51 pm

nacho742 wrote:I should have clarified. I'm not the commish. I am not involved in this trade at all. Team 1 is actually the commish and the trade went through without any kind of window to discuss/protest.

If there is usually some type of window for a trade to be discussed and then none for this, I would contest that. There's no reason the commish should greenlight his deals faster than others, it should always be the same standard time.

To me... the deal isn't so lopsided that you need to get your panties in a knot over it.
BoBtheMule
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pochucker » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:05 pm

I really dont see this trade as being outrageously unfair. You can make a case for both sides --thus its fair enough. If it was Kinsler for anyone of those players you would have a beef --but even then Kinslers injury history comes into play.
Pochucker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby DaSh 1s » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:25 pm

Don't play with owners dumb enough to be taken advantaged of. Its a horrid deal, but someone let the idiot in the league.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Commissioner's Corner