Question about illegal rosters - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Question about illegal rosters

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Question about illegal rosters

Postby BuckyDent » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:09 am

CBS Sportsline has the option to penalize illegal rosters by giving those lineups 0 points for the week. This is a pretty significant penalty as it is hard to come back from this in the standings.

My question is what do Commissioners here do? Also, if you do not select this option, how does the site score the points for that week. In other words, in a 30 player roster where only 24 are allowed to be active, what does site do with a team that leaves them all as active? Obviously there are other scenarios that could leave a team as "illegal" but just presenting this one to get an idea of whether it's a situation of forcing zero points vs. allowing a team to inadvertently (assuming it wasn't intentional) get more points in a given week.
BuckyDent
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Question about illegal rosters

Postby bigmck » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am

I don't check the illegal roster option. I discovered that in a salary league, if you drop a player, for example at $10 and pick him up again later in the year at $15, it can cause a problem. It will make his salary for both times $15 and cause illegal rosters weeks back when you had him the first time. == If you don't use the option, all it does is not penalize for illegal rosters. It still reports rosters as illegal but does not give zero stats. I am the commish in my league. What I do is just keep an eye out for illegal rosters. There is an option for an email to be sent that shows illegal rosters.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 62)

Re: Question about illegal rosters

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:33 pm

bigmck wrote:I don't check the illegal roster option. I discovered that in a salary league, if you drop a player, for example at $10 and pick him up again later in the year at $15, it can cause a problem. It will make his salary for both times $15 and cause illegal rosters weeks back when you had him the first time. == If you don't use the option, all it does is not penalize for illegal rosters. It still reports rosters as illegal but does not give zero stats. I am the commish in my league. What I do is just keep an eye out for illegal rosters. There is an option for an email to be sent that shows illegal rosters.

we also disable the option. BUT, we have a 25pt penalty for illegal (too large, ineligible mil or dl players), increasing by 25pts each time it happens. Makes all 20 teams policemen for it.
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Commissioner's Corner