Dye - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Dye

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dye

Postby TheIceman » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:33 pm

So not so much big news but from inside information that I have is that Dye is close to signing with the Milwaukee Brewers. Just thought I'd let everyone know that he is close to not being a free agent anymore.
TheIceman
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dye

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:57 pm

really? i thought they were after edmonds but i guess that didn't work out?
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby TheIceman » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:03 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:really? i thought they were after edmonds but i guess that didn't work out?

Actually Edmonds made the 40 man roster but it looks like they're going to be bring Dye on board too.
TheIceman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:09 pm

So if this is true the Brewers OF is then? I really dont understand why they would do this, or better yet why Dye would do this. Cuz he won't start over Braun, obviously, he cant play CF so Gomez is still starting, and I cant see them robbing Hart of PT in RF? So why would Dye take a bench role, when he still wants 2 start...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby TheIceman » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:18 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:So if this is true the Brewers OF is then? I really dont understand why they would do this, or better yet why Dye would do this. Cuz he won't start over Braun, obviously, he cant play CF so Gomez is still starting, and I cant see them robbing Hart of PT in RF? So why would Dye take a bench role, when he still wants 2 start...

Don't know what to tell you but I was just reporting on what I heard from an inside source that I have.
TheIceman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:33 pm

TheIceman wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:So if this is true the Brewers OF is then? I really dont understand why they would do this, or better yet why Dye would do this. Cuz he won't start over Braun, obviously, he cant play CF so Gomez is still starting, and I cant see them robbing Hart of PT in RF? So why would Dye take a bench role, when he still wants 2 start...

Don't know what to tell you but I was just reporting on what I heard from an inside source that I have.

No I mean, I definitely thank you cuz I didn't hear that, was just wondering with the Milwaukee gear your sporting and the insider on that end if you had any other insight as to why. Sorry if that came across as acusing you wrong, cuz thats not what I meant with all the "?" in it, was just inuqiring.

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby TheIceman » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:29 am

bazzy_51 wrote:
TheIceman wrote:

No I mean, I definitely thank you cuz I didn't hear that, was just wondering with the Milwaukee gear your sporting and the insider on that end if you had any other insight as to why. Sorry if that came across as acusing you wrong, cuz thats not what I meant with all the "?" in it, was just inuqiring.

Yeah, I kind of took it as you accusing me to be in the wrong but it's all cleared up now. As far as any other depth chart news to go along with Dye I'm not sure. I'll see if I can get any more information tomorrow.
TheIceman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheIceman » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:08 pm

Apparently the Brewers are hoping to have Dye signed by the end of the day today, provided Dye can come down a little but in his asking price.
TheIceman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DrFANatic » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:33 pm

Did the Brewers sign Dye by the end of the day yesterday? I noticed some news on Hart but nothing on Dye.
DrFANatic
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby TheIceman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:44 pm

The Brewers have not signed Dye as of yet. Apparently his asking price is $5 mil for the year. The Brewers obviously won't give him this so unless Dye comes down in his price I don't see the Brewers signing him.
TheIceman
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates