Who are you guys?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to The Brushback League

Who are you guys??

Moderators: Fade2White12, j24jags

Re: Who are you guys??

Postby thejusman1 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:00 pm

Hi, I'm Justin and I'm a fantasy-holic...

23, from the greater Los Angeles area, going to law school in the fall. Graduated from BC last year, if that's not obvious from my avatar.

Huge Red Sox and Dodgers fan, although I couldn't really show it during this draft. I've only been playing fantasy sports for a few years, and was a pretty casual baseball fan prior to that. What I lack in statistical knowledge for the draft, I make up for in ravaging the WW! (usually)
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby free » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:54 pm

wow, we definitely have some brains and spiritual leaders in this league ;-D :-o …a little intimidating to say the least.

brandon, i'm about 29, grew up in st. louis, live in charleston, wv (since fall 10) as a spiritual guide B-) not sure we're small town folk though :-?

grew up on baseball and am an avid cards fan, but i try not to let that spill over here !+)

any school progress from some of you guys?
Member #3 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Matt_Domsic » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:54 pm

free wrote:wow, we definitely have some brains and spiritual leaders in this league ;-D :-o …a little intimidating to say the least.

brandon, i'm about 29, grew up in st. louis, live in charleston, wv (since fall 10) as a spiritual guide B-) not sure we're small town folk though :-?

grew up on baseball and am an avid cards fan, but i try not to let that spill over here !+)

any school progress from some of you guys?

Thanks Free!
Matt_Domsic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:13 pm

I forgot about this thread. :-b Anyway, as an update:

I'm now about 3/4 finished with grad school. I'm actually working for the department that my program is in, so I now don't have to worry about tuition. I'll also hopefully be moving out to DC starting in May for 6 weeks working for the US State Dept.

My girlfriend has officially become my fiance, and we're now in the midst of planning a wedding.

I also just got a cat. ;-7
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby j24jags » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:32 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:I forgot about this thread. :-b Anyway, as an update:

I'm now about 3/4 finished with grad school. I'm actually working for the department that my program is in, so I now don't have to worry about tuition. I'll also hopefully be moving out to DC starting in May for 6 weeks working for the US State Dept.

My girlfriend has officially become my fiance, and we're now in the midst of planning a wedding.

Congrats Fade, good for you man ;-D

I'm now a junior at school and I'll be interning at Barclays Capital in NYC this summer, looking forward to that. I'm heading down to Mardi Gras and Panama City for spring break next week so I'm not sure how my internet connections will be :-o. I'll figure something out though
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Third Day » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:35 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:I forgot about this thread. :-b Anyway, as an update:

Are these three things listed in their order of importance?

Its going to change your life completely.

Oh, and congrats on getting engaged too.
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 272)

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:46 pm

Third Day wrote:Are these three things listed in their order of importance?

I don't know... I really love that cat. :-o
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby ensanimal » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:27 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:

My sincere condolences.

Don't think I ever responded to this thread so here goes...32, recently married, work for a Canadian Agency and this is the really busy time of the year, so my draft prep has not been well thought out as I normally like. Grew up in Montreal (miss the Expos :,-( ) and have been living just outside Toronto for just under 2 years now.

I don't have a cat, nor do I want a cat, but the wifey is trying to pull out all the stops to get one. I'm trying to see what I could get as a bargaining chip. :-?
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 113)

Previous

Return to The Brushback League