Ian Kinsler - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Ian Kinsler

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Ian Kinsler

Postby CharlatanSin » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:59 pm

LMack wrote:ESPN:Rotowire

Kinsler (ankle) will start his rehab assignment on Thursday by serving as the DH in extended spring games, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.

Spin: Kinsler will spend the weekend in Arizona and then head to either Double-A Frisco or Triple-A Oklahoma City for several games before possibly coming off the DL next weekend. "I think there's going to be pain for the rest of the season, but I can run," Kinsler said. Given those comments, and Kinsler's expected place in the middle of Texas' lineup, it's hard to see Kinsler approaching 30 steals again this season so temper your expectations a bit.

:-t

Hell, at this point I'll take the 30 HR, 100 R, and probably at least 10 or 15 SB. No longer a great early 2nd round pick, but it's better than almost everyone else in a scarce position.

The good news is that he's finally made some progress and is on the way back!
She said always remember never to trust me
She said that the first night that she met me
She said "there's gonna be a time when I'm gonna have to go with whoever's gonna get me the highest."
CharlatanSin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:41 am

CharlatanSin wrote:
LMack wrote:ESPN:Rotowire

Kinsler (ankle) will start his rehab assignment on Thursday by serving as the DH in extended spring games, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.

Spin: Kinsler will spend the weekend in Arizona and then head to either Double-A Frisco or Triple-A Oklahoma City for several games before possibly coming off the DL next weekend. "I think there's going to be pain for the rest of the season, but I can run," Kinsler said. Given those comments, and Kinsler's expected place in the middle of Texas' lineup, it's hard to see Kinsler approaching 30 steals again this season so temper your expectations a bit.

:-t

Hell, at this point I'll take the 30 HR, 100 R, and probably at least 10 or 15 SB. No longer a great early 2nd round pick, but it's better than almost everyone else in a scarce position.

The good news is that he's finally made some progress and is on the way back!

I think that's a fair projection. I'm sure all owners knew what they were getting into before drafting him, his potential is so high that it's worth the hope. I feel bad for everyone in H2H with him, must be tough lol
10 team,H2H,5x5
C-Montero
1B-A.Gonzalez
2B-Utley
3B-Longoria
SS-Reyes
1B/3B-Morneau
2b/SS-K.Jonhson
OF-J.Upton,CarGo,Pierre
UTL-Rasmus
P-Hamels,Nolasco,W.Rodriguez,Garza,Wagner,Aardsma
BN-Span,Slowey,Liriano,E.Santana,Gregg, Pelfrey, Street
DL-B. Anderson
sadlyajetsfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Kuji » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:51 am

sadlyajetsfan wrote:I think that's a fair projection. I'm sure all owners knew what they were getting into before drafting him, his potential is so high that it's worth the hope. I feel bad for everyone in H2H with him, must be tough lol

You have no idea :,-(
Kuji
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jsibi18 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:20 pm

From Yahoo:

Kinsler (ankle) completed his rehab assignment at Double-A Frisco on Wednesday with two singles and a stolen base, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.

Recommendation: The stolen base is encouraging for Kinsler's game going forward. Kinsler will rejoin the team on Thursday but is not expected to be activated until Friday.
(Rotowire.com)

I really hope this is a good sign and something that doesn't bother him throughout the year. :-?
jsibi18
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)

Postby LMack » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:14 pm

Between the ankle injury and the chance that he might be seeing the majority of his time in the 5 slot, I think we should temper our SB expectations. But I can still get excited about his return, right?
Go Jay Bruce. Credits to Super Manny.
LMack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates