Ian Kinsler - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Ian Kinsler

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ian Kinsler

Postby Ursa » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:31 pm

Surprised there's no thread on Kinsler. This is the latest from Yahoo and it doesn't look good. I took him at #11 in the first round. :-t

2B Ian Kinsler, who hasn't played since March 11 due to a high ankle sprain, is questionable for the season opener. Kinsler received a cortisone injection to the area on March 26, but high ankle sprains typically require a 4-5 week recovery. The Rangers would prefer to go without Kinsler for a week than to rush him back and have him aggravate the injury.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ian Kinsler

Postby heyeaglefn » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:58 pm

He misses a week at the most, not a big deal IMO. Rather them take it slow now then try to rush him back for opening day.
heyeaglefn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:17 pm

heyeaglefn wrote:He misses a week at the most, not a big deal IMO. Rather them take it slow now then try to rush him back for opening day.

Yeah, this sounds like the most likely scenario. Plus, it's IAN KINSLER - did you really expect him to play over 130 games? Just the start to another rocky "lets-try-to-get-to-30/30-in-the-fewest-games-possible" season for IK !+)
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby littlebilly3 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:36 pm

Seems to be on track for opening day. Anyone else hear anything?
littlebilly3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby JRAMI » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:06 am

From fantasy baseball.com
Ian Kinsler Delayed Again
This is starting to get worrisome when you consider the name it is attached to. Kinsler has a high ankle sprain. He was supposed to be back by now but the team has changed their tune and they are now saying that they hope he will be ready to play any spring training games and play on opening day. Kinsler has a poor history of dealing with injuries so I would be worried about a possible April DL stint. Also, an ankle sprain is concerning for a player that steals a lot of bases. I wasn’t high on Kinsler heading into spring training – his work at the plate wasn’t good in the second half last year and I’m not totally convinced of a rebound. This news just makes me more and more likely to let someone else have him.

8 Team H2H points league
C Joe Mauer (Min - C) 1B Joey Votto(Cin - 1B)2B Dustin Pedroia(Bos - 2B)3B Kevin Youkilis(Bos - 1B,3B)SS Hanley Ramírez (Fla - SS)OF Justin Upton (Ari - OF) OF Nelson Cruz (Tex - OF)OF Adam Lind(Tor - OF)Util Carlos Quentin (CWS - OF)BN Jay Bruce (Cin - OF) SP Zack Greinke (KC - SP) SP Justin Verlander (Det - SP)SP James Shields (TB - SP) SP Edwin Jackson (Ari - SP) SP Ryan Dempster
(ChC - SP) RP Jonathan Broxton (LAD - RP)
BN Kevin Slowey (Min - SP) BN Carlos Zambrano
(ChC - SP)

Stat Category Value
Runs =1, Singles= 1,Doubles =2,Triples=3,HR=4,RBI=1,Sacrifice Hit=1,SB=3,CS=-3,BB=2,IBB-1,E=-1,Cycle=25
IP=2,W=5,L=-3,CG=5,SHO=10,SV=7,ER=-1,BB=-1,K=1,SVOP=1,RW=-2,NH=20,PG=20,BSV=-4

C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, BN, BN, BN, DL
Last edited by JRAMI on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
JRAMI
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby littlebilly3 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:11 am

From rototimes...

March 29, 2010
Ian Kinsler (ankle) took batting practice yesterday, felt fine this morning and will take some more swings today, according to MLB.com.

Our View:He's expected to start running and agility drills tomorrow. As long as those go well, he should be good to go by Opening Day for the Rangers.

Looks like he is headed in the right direction
littlebilly3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby LMack » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:45 am

When coming back, he is projected to hit in the 5th spot.
Do you think being lower in the order as well as wonky legs start his steals off slow this year? And for that matter, is 30 steals achievable again?
Go Jay Bruce. Credits to Super Manny.
LMack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Joe Mauer » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:32 am

LMack wrote:When coming back, he is projected to hit in the 5th spot.
Do you think being lower in the order as well as wonky legs start his steals off slow this year? And for that matter, is 30 steals achievable again?

I think as a matter of principle in any lineup if a player is hitting lower in the batting order (unless he is hitting like 9th or 8th) it decreases the probability on any given day that he will steal that day because typically your best batting average/runners hit first and second in the batting order and your 3 and 4 hitters are generally not slouches themselves as far as getting on base, but may be a little slower and less likely to be moving fast on the basepaths which would block a speedy player who gets on base behind them from stealing. But then again, the law of averages could play in his favor in an unlikely manner and he could get on base a ton and have many situations where stealing would make sense.

So yea, 30 steals are achievable again. How like that is has lessened, but, it is within the realm of possibilities.

Also, wonky (love that word! never heard it before!) legs don't help his base stealing abilities, sadly.

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)
Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby thejusman1 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:19 pm

SURPRISE, Ariz. -- Second baseman Ian Kinsler's hopes of playing in a game Monday for the first time since he suffered a high ankle sprain two weeks ago today are "not realistic," Texas Rangers assistant general manager Thad Levine said.

Richard Durrett and the rest of the ESPNDallas.com team have the inside scoop on the Rangers, the American League and Major League Baseball. Blog

That determination was made after Kinsler was examined by club orthopedist Dr. Keith Meister, who discovered a small bone bruise at the tip of the tibia in addition to the sprain. Meister will inject Kinsler with an anti-inflammatory later Friday.

After having the injection, Kinsler was realistic.

"I'm not going to say I'll be ready for the opener but I'm not going to say I won't be either," he said. "I'm optimistic that I'll play next week."

Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/news/story?id=5031378

Hopefully this is the first and last injury for this season... I'll be thrilled if I can get the annual Kinsler injury out of the way early.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby TheMadHungarian » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:47 pm

Dude is Glass Joe from Tyson's Punchout! So happy I dealt him away last season. Now he's someone else' problem.

Over/Under 130 Games? Last season was a career high with 144... and he started off healthy.
TheMadHungarian
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates