Kinda a Huge Favour - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Kinda a Huge Favour

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kinda a Huge Favour

Postby RancerDS » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:09 am

Hello. For those who have Yahoo ID's, am wanting to ask a pretty big favour from a couple of you. Two of my friends (poker buds) are wanting to participate in my baseball league. But neither have Yahoo accounts. Instead of my tracking the player's progress throughout the season, would like to keep track of it on Yahoo since the settings are already set up the same.

What would happen is that you'd create a team in this league and then it would be locked of free agency moves, trades and roster changes. Since it is only the three of us, it may affect your overall Yahoo fantasy rating greatly... so only those whom have rotten ratings or don't care about it should volunteer. It doesn't matter to me if you have dup accounts, just want to be able to track it online.

Thank you for even reading this request.
The average baseball fan watches the Boston Red Sox. The dedicated fan watches the Kansas City Royals.
RancerDS
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Kinda a Huge Favour

Postby wynams » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:19 am

wynams
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby kcbrett5 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:08 pm

This is perhaps the stupidest thing i have ever read. WOW
kcbrett5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Stepping up to the plate, 2 out bases loaded, down by 3, right where i want to be.

Postby RancerDS » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:25 pm

kcbrett5 wrote:This is perhaps the stupidest thing i have ever read. WOW

So? If you don't agree with it, just keep on going. You don't have to knock something you probably don't understand.

I don't want to create multiple ID's for Yahoo. Even though I'm sure there are more than plenty of folks here who have done so for various reasons and not all of them on the up-and-up. And it's not really that much more work to track it on a spreadsheet, but like how Yahoo automatically tallies this kind of stuff.

The people who are in my league do not have Internet access OR computers. Otherwise I would ask them to sign up for their own ID's. DUH!
The average baseball fan watches the Boston Red Sox. The dedicated fan watches the Kansas City Royals.
RancerDS
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wynams » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:50 pm

unsure what your hang up is over doing it yourself but .. in the time you are bickering and coming across as a dolt here, you could have already hooked your friends up
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/edit/c ... it-07.html
Yahoo clearly states you can create as many IDs you like ... as they are the authority for their own services, I don't think you'll have to worry about the feds raiding your compound for creating an account for the purpose you have stated.

"Can I create multiple accounts?

You can create multiple identities or aliases on your account and use them with services such as Yahoo! Chat, Yahoo! Message Boards, Yahoo! Messenger, and Yahoo! Groups.
Please note you will only be able to create one Profiles for your account.
You can access all of Yahoo! with your one Yahoo! ID. Although you can create multiple Yahoo! ID’s, it is not possible to connect them to one another
To use different identities within Yahoo! with the Yahoo! ID, you can add up to six aliases. A profile consists of a name and some information that you show to other Yahoo! members. When you sign in to Yahoo!, you can choose any of your aliases.
To create a new alias, go to your Account Information page . Make sure you are signed in, click Add An Alias . and enter the desired alias you would like to associate to your account. Be sure to click “Save” when trying to add an Alias to your account."
wynams
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Classifieds