Please rate, 5x5 12-team roto - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please rate, 5x5 12-team roto

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please rate, 5x5 12-team roto

Postby WharfRat » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:40 am

I was on here a while ago, I made a couple changes since then. I plan on using a closer or two for trade bait later in the season.

C-Piersynksi
1B-Thome
2B-Michael Young
3B-Crede
SS-Renteria
OF-Beltran
OF-Huff
OF-Patterson
DH-Edgar Martinez
BN-Bradley

SP-Mussina
SP-Millwood
SP-Pineiro
SP-Buehrle
SP-Myers
SP-Harden

RP-Hoffman
RP-Cordero
RP-Chacon
RP-Riske
RP-Kolb

Thanks!
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:20 pm

Now that is a solid team. You could use a bit of speed on offense and maybe a high-strikeout pitcher, but it's a solid team.

Who is backing up Thome while he misses the first few games?

Crede is an average 3b - I have him ranked as #12. But he'll be fine. Don't expect last years numbers out of Michael Young, but he'll be solid for a 2b.

I'm not sure that it's worth it to carry Trevor Hoffman. I'd use him as trade bait now if you can get any decent offers. Same goes for Kolb. His value will never be higher.

But it's a nice, balanced team. Good speed, some power (you could use just a touch more in place of Edgar), and solid pitching. I'd be shocked if you didn't finish in the money.

Good luck. I have to go take my girlfriend out for dinner. It's her birthday. She's such a whiner.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby WharfRat » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:34 am

Absolutely Adequate wrote:Now that is a solid team. You could use a bit of speed on offense and maybe a high-strikeout pitcher, but it's a solid team.

Who is backing up Thome while he misses the first few games?

Crede is an average 3b - I have him ranked as #12. But he'll be fine. Don't expect last years numbers out of Michael Young, but he'll be solid for a 2b.

I'm not sure that it's worth it to carry Trevor Hoffman. I'd use him as trade bait now if you can get any decent offers. Same goes for Kolb. His value will never be higher.

But it's a nice, balanced team. Good speed, some power (you could use just a touch more in place of Edgar), and solid pitching. I'd be shocked if you didn't finish in the money.

Good luck. I have to go take my girlfriend out for dinner. It's her birthday. She's such a whiner.

Wow, thanks. Definitely not what I expected. Thome won't miss any time (and if need be, I'll slot in Huff at first, put Bradley in OF and bada-bing). Yeah, I've been thinking about trading closers, including Hoffman. The tough part is, I could trade away a couple and THEY'LL end up being the two that keep the jobs. :-[

Anyone else?
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby benjapage » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:00 am

wharfrat, thanks for the input on my reachers.

i can't claim to offer much more than what's been said already, but your team does look special. incidentally, i think crede will put up some good numbers this year.

it may mean nothing to you, but womack is apparently going to get a shot at leading off for the cardinals. that's a great line-up, and he's a fast man. something to consider...

lastly, hoffman is supposedly healthy. if there's any chance you could trade him for urbina, do it right now. riske is about to lose his job, and your saves situation could go in the toilet.

best of luck!

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team