Nate McLouth - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Nate McLouth

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nate McLouth

Postby ivanhack » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:48 pm

Roto Wire

McLouth went 1-for-3 on Tuesday to break an 0-for-29 slump. He's also been playing extra games in minor league camp to help him get back on track, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. He's hitting .052 (2-for-38) this spring.

Spin: While spring stats may not matter for veterans, McLouth's slump is bad enough that it's led to speculation he could lose the leadoff role and platoon with Melky Cabrera in center field. Cabrera was in the leadoff spot again on Tuesday with McLouth hitting eighth.
ivanhack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Nate McLouth

Postby tiggis » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:04 pm

Nate McLouth has never hit lefties very well, and his average was never much to write home about
but he did not forget how to hit all together.
Unless he is hiding an injury he will break out of this mental funk soon and deliver a line of:
95r/22hr/80rbi/24bs/.255avg.

Mel Cab is only a threat to himself - His 12hr and .260avg and single digit steals will not surplant anyone for long,
at least not the living.

I am not a big fan of McLouth - he does not have enough power to make up for his windmill ways considering what you will pay for him (pick 105, 9th round) and speed is cheap this year.
I would rather have Raul Ibanez (pick 107) or Hunter Pence (pick 108) at that position in the draft.
Fantasy Angel
Yes I am a southern girl.
Yes that is my photo,
Yes I can kick your butt in Fantasy Baseball,
Fantasy Angel's Sure Fire Breakout/Post Hype Player
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=404816
tiggis
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Balingh12 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:14 pm

ESPN: McLouth (hamstring) took batting practice Saturday and did light running around the bases, but the Braves will decide whether to put him on the DL on Sunday, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.
Spin: It sounds like there's a decent chance he could land on the DL or at least be hampered by the injury the first week.

Concerned? I am. Hoping for a DL stint for some clarity on the situation.
Balingh12
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby 802GREENS » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:37 pm

Bobby Cox has said he will hit 8th on Opening Day (today). So no DL but is he worth starting?
802GREENS
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hot4tx » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:14 am

ttt

So I drafted McLouth in my main league since I was using the LISA (drafting mid-round lefty 1B/OF/Util with large LHP/RHP splits and rotating them in against RHPs) draft plan and he fell to the mid 10th round. He's constantly on "most unlucky" lists, since his BABIP is way under his career BABIP, but its close to mid June and there's no signs of life.

Does anyone have any insight on what nasty Nate is going through? Braves fans have any opinion on how he looks? Is he struggling plus getting unlucky (any nice shots seem to be right at people)? Or is he just flat being overmatched in every at bat?
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates