BN M. Young
BN J. Encarnación
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:49 am

very nice looking pitching, but a little weak on offensive, especially in 2B, 1B, and SS. Although you have a really impressive outfield. I would give it a 7
FantasyFreak
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

thx

Postby jpbusta » Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:17 am

thanks for the great comment ;-D I'm trying to trade for furcal and sexson and vidro. Hope it works out well.
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AuburnTigers » Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:43 am

Great starting pitching! Riske may be a little risky. You are going to hurt on saves a little. You may want to try and pick up a middle relief pitcher like Lidge, K-Rod, Mota, Donnelly, Marte, Valverde or Soriano. Most of these guys wont be available but some may be. They may be a better option than Riske, but I think Risk may be just as good if he can keep the closer spot.

I think that you will play Young at 2b instead of Kennedy, but just see how they perform in the season. Hopefully Hidalgo keeps improving and has a moster year. Overall a good team. I give it a 6.5 You may want to trade away some pitching to get more power in the infield. If you got a little more power(probably at 1b) then I would give you a 7.5
AuburnTigers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

j

Postby j » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:37 am

thx for the comments. any suggestions on who I should get and who I should use as a bait?
j

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby themonster » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:02 am

i think riske just might hold onto the job all season, but even so I'd want one more closer for some added saves.....throw a guy like maddox out there who probably has more name value than he should and see if you can snag a 2nd tier closer.
themonster Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Entropy! » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:24 am

GREAT pitching, middle of the road offense. 8.5 for pitching (because a better closer would probably help you a lot), 5.5 for the offense. Your 1B and 2B are really below average, and your OF is really good, but not GREAT. You can definitely win with the OF, though, provided that you fix up the right side of your infield.

Your starting pitching is so strong and deep, I don't think there's any question you need to deal one of your starters for a 1B who can give you a lot more than Millar will. I don't know what scoring categories you have in the league, but there are SO many 1B out there who will give you better return than Millar. Plus, if you are willing to deal one of your better starters (Oswalt, maybe) in a deal, you might be able to get one of the real top 1B - Pujols, Helton, Thome, etc. If you want to deal a lesser pitcher, that's fine too - Frank Thomas, David Ortiz, Aubry Huff should all be available for Maddux+change at worst.
Entropy!

Postby Entropy! » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:26 am

Whoops... got your rotation confused for a second with someone elses. I meant to say Colon instead of Oswalt.
Entropy!

Postby ryandw » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:32 am

I would start Young at second, he should be better than Kennedy. I might try trading a starter (maybe MAddux or Zambrano) for a better 1b.
ryandw
College Coach
College Coach

thx

Postby j » Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:29 pm

thanks again for the great comments. I think I'm gonna try to trade either santana or colon + millar for Delagado? Does that trade work?
I also thought about starting M. Young as a starter but I'm worried that M.Young won't get to play much becuz of Alfonso. Please let me know if there is a better trading I could do.
j

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team