troy glaus opinions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

troy glaus opinions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

troy glaus opinions

Postby biesbol » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:22 pm

what do you all think with him moving to atl? I understand health is a concern, but he will be batting cleanup in the Braves lineup. if he gets 140 games because of the move to first base, wouldn't you think that you could get A-Ram esque numbers about 10 rounds later? (30 HR, 90R, 100RBI). I'm in an OBP league, and he consistently posts in the top 10 when he plays. I currently have figgins @ third, and was thinking that Glaus would be a cheap substitution solution to the weeks that I'm already dominating SBs and try to build on HRs. comments?
biesbol
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: troy glaus opinions

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:54 pm

biesbol wrote:what do you all think with him moving to atl? I understand health is a concern, but he will be batting cleanup in the Braves lineup. if he gets 140 games because of the move to first base, wouldn't you think that you could get A-Ram esque numbers about 10 rounds later? (30 HR, 90R, 100RBI). I'm in an OBP league, and he consistently posts in the top 10 when he plays. I currently have figgins @ third, and was thinking that Glaus would be a cheap substitution solution to the weeks that I'm already dominating SBs and try to build on HRs. comments?

If he plays 140 games, I'd say 30 bombs is a possibility. Glaus will come cheap this year, so it's a low risk investment.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 608)

Postby Rance Mulliniks » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:01 pm

I like Glaus a lot this year hitting in the middle of that ATL lineup. He'll miss a few games due to injury, but I dont think 30hr, 90rbi are out of the question.

As for playing Glaus at 3B, depends if he's eligible in your league. I think in Yahoo he's only eligible at CI/Util as he didn't play enough at 3rd last year. He'll definitely be eligible at 1st early in the year, but likely not 3rd.
Mulliniks Watch: Still stuck on 1325 games 3569 AB 445 R 972 H 73 HR 435 RBI 0.272 AVG 15 SB
Rance Mulliniks
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 31)

Postby Matthias » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:06 pm

I don't know if I'd project 30hr but Glaus is one of the three players that I think are being criminally undervalued this season. He's hitting cleanup in a potent offense, he's obviously had success in the past, and has had a good Spring Training. And he's going over a hundred spots lower than Mark DeRosa.

Even if he only hits 15 HRs as long as he hits over .280 and has close to 100 RBIs I'll be happy. And based on where he's being drafted, so should you.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby reiser » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:38 pm

Matthias wrote:I don't know if I'd project 30hr but Glaus is one of the three players that I think are being criminally undervalued this season.

I'll bite...who you got? I love overlooked value picks. If Dye should sign with the Nats, or anyone for that matter I will be all over it. Burrell in the 400's? I mean I hate the guy too, but who else is gonna get you 30 homers in the 25th round?
reiser
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Matthias » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:46 pm

reiser wrote:
Matthias wrote:I don't know if I'd project 30hr but Glaus is one of the three players that I think are being criminally undervalued this season.

I'll bite...who you got? I love overlooked value picks. If Dye should sign with the Nats, or anyone for that matter I will be all over it. Burrell in the 400's? I mean I hate the guy too, but who else is gonna get you 30 homers in the 25th round?

I mention one of them in the Undervalued thread, but they are Conor Jackson and Vlad. Vlad for many of the same reasons as Glaus; Conor because there is no reason that this can't be his breakout year and he's hitting #1 or #2 in a decent lineup.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Scooter1027 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:38 am

Matthias wrote:
reiser wrote:

I mention one of them in the Undervalued thread, but they are Conor Jackson and Vlad. Vlad for many of the same reasons as Glaus; Conor because there is no reason that this can't be his breakout year and he's hitting #1 or #2 in a decent lineup.

I'm definitely on board with Conor and Glaus...I targeted both of them in my NL-only auction this year. Both came cheaply for me. I'm not so sure with Vlad. I suppose he's a decent gamble to take, playing in Texas could be a boon. But as a guy who is a UTIL only in the leagues I'm in, he had better produce nicely.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:43 am

Scooter1027 wrote:
Matthias wrote:
reiser wrote:I'll bite...who you got? I love overlooked value picks. If Dye should sign with the Nats, or anyone for that matter I will be all over it. Burrell in the 400's? I mean I hate the guy too, but who else is gonna get you 30 homers in the 25th round?

I'm definitely on board with Conor and Glaus...I targeted both of them in my NL-only auction this year. Both came cheaply for me. I'm not so sure with Vlad. I suppose he's a decent gamble to take, playing in Texas could be a boon. But as a guy who is a UTIL only in the leagues I'm in, he had better produce nicely.

My concern with Conor Jackson, that Parra will cut into his playing time considerably.
And do you expect Glaus to be better than LaRoche, Konerko, Helton, or he is the fall back option?
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Matthias » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:16 am

Scooter1027 wrote:
Matthias wrote:
reiser wrote:I'll bite...who you got? I love overlooked value picks. If Dye should sign with the Nats, or anyone for that matter I will be all over it. Burrell in the 400's? I mean I hate the guy too, but who else is gonna get you 30 homers in the 25th round?

From the looks of it, he's going to get some games in the OF. So after the first month, probably, he'll give you some roster flexibility.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Matthias » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:34 am

Syfo-Dyas wrote:
Scooter1027 wrote:
Matthias wrote:I mention one of them in the Undervalued thread, but they are Conor Jackson and Vlad. Vlad for many of the same reasons as Glaus; Conor because there is no reason that this can't be his breakout year and he's hitting #1 or #2 in a decent lineup.

My concern with Conor Jackson, that Parra will cut into his playing time considerably.
And do you expect Glaus to be better than LaRoche, Konerko, Helton, or he is the fall back option?

I would put Glaus under LaRoche, at about Helton or maybe slightly better, and better than Konerko. And he's going about a hundred spots later than them all.

As far as Conor's playing time, I'm not too concerned. If he's hitting, he'll play. Parra will give him a day off here and there and if they really want to get in Parra they'll also sub him in for Young occasionally, but at the end of the year, I expect Conor to have over 530 ABs.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers