10 Team Draft H2H 6x6 league WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

10 Team Draft H2H 6x6 league WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

10 Team Draft H2H 6x6 league WHIR

Postby TarHeels55 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:14 pm

I just finished my first draft of the season, this is a 6x6 league(standard 5x5 plus Doubles and Innings Pitched), it runs head to head with 10 teams, I had the last pick.

C- A.J. Pierzynski
1B- Joey Votto
2B- Robinson Cano
3B- Evan Longoria
SS- Ben Zobrist
OF- Curtis Granderson
OF- Adam Jones
OF- Torii Hunter
Util- Ian Stewart(I usually just start whoever is playing the best from my bench, so this isn't locked in or anything)
Ben- Garrett Jones, Juan Rivera

SP- Tim Lincecum, Ubaldo Jiminez, Josh Beckett, James Shields, John Danks, Max Scherzer, David Price and Brandon Webb(drafted to stash on my DL)
RP- Heath Bell, Carlos Marmol, Leo Nunez, Chad Qualls

I'm a little light on typical power hitters but I think I have 3 or 4 guys that will hit 30+ this year(Votto, Longoria, Cano,Granderson) while there are a few guys that if they hit their potential can have monster years including 30+ HR in Ian Stewart and Garret Jones. Then I have the rest of my lineup filled with guys that will hit 20-25. I'm also a little low on SB but I don't particularly pay much attention to them since I win half the time when I don't try and lose all the time when I do try. Let me know what you think, leave a link and I'll help you out.
TarHeels55
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 10 Team Draft H2H 6x6 league WHIR

Postby PinStripe Pride 718 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:23 pm

your pitching looks great but for a 10 team league ur line up is alil week see who needs pitching and deal ur number 2 or 3 for a 25 25 type guy if thats possable

here is mine

viewtopic.php?t=404638
PinStripe Pride 718
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GamerJOW » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:34 pm

Honestly the only concerns I have about your team are C, because I project Pierzynski lower than the cafe does, and whether Zobrist was a 1-year phenom or the real thing. Otherwise, you're pretty solid, though H2H makes that a bit trickier to project.
CLee,Tex, JHamilton, Kinsler, CYoung, Napoli
GamerJOW
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TarHeels55 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:50 pm

My thought on cathers is that if I don't get one of the top guys(Mauer, VMart, McCann, maybe Wieters), I just take whoever is left at the end of the draft. The drop off in production from cathers 5-like 18 isn't really anything. So I'd rather grab up high potential guys instead of wasting like a 11th or 12th round pick on a catcher that is going to put up slightly better numbers than someone I can get in the 22nd round or on waivers post-draft.
TarHeels55
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby gimpybunter » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:06 pm

I really like the starting pitching. I would probably feel out the league and use on of your pitcher for another solid bat or some speed.
gimpybunter
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:27 pm

the first thing that i see is C. i dont like Pierzynski at all. im not sure i would even have him in my top 15. hes not terrible, i just dont think he is that good and i dont see alot of upside.

i wouldnt worry about power, but maybe more so speed. i think every one of your starters except for Pierzynski should go 20+ HR, even Jones/Rivera on your bench. i think it would be nice to have 1 player with potential for 40+ SB. that shouldnt hard to find in a 10 team league on waivers. you will have a spot once Webb goes on DL? no idea who could be on waivers, but likely someone like SS Evereth Cabrera who is leading off for SD. in 2008 in the minors he had 73 SB in 121 games. you have a bunch of guys with multi position eligibility so you can move some players around when someone has a day off.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team