Breaking Bad - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Breaking Bad

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Breaking Bad

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:16 pm

Gus is even a bigger badass than I thought.
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby mweir145 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:40 pm

This season is the best season yet. It's changing my opinion of the show from pretty good to great.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:29 pm

lol if you haven't seen this yet

Breaking Bad on ABC
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby mweir145 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:19 am

That intro is pretty awesome.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby mweir145 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:32 am

I can't be the only one who thinks it was actually Walt that poisoned the kid, right? He's proven time and again that he's capable of anything when his life (or his family's lives) are at stake. Manipulating Jesse as a pawn is really the only move he can make left, and that's something he's proven himself to be very good at.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:13 pm

mweir145 wrote:I can't be the only one who thinks it was actually Walt that poisoned the kid, right? He's proven time and again that he's capable of anything when his life (or his family's lives) are at stake. Manipulating Jesse as a pawn is really the only move he can make left, and that's something he's proven himself to be very good at.

My first instinct was that the poisoning was an accident. Kids get into stuff all the time and it wouldn't be the least bit surprising the kid pulled out the cigarette that was turned upside down. Simply can't see Walter doing it but I'm unsure about Gus.

One thing that bothered me about the episode though was why Gus stared out from the parking garage and then decided not to get into his car. No one is that good. ;-7
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Skin Blues » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:19 pm

There are video clips online for each episode, and the actor playing Gus (who by the way has a real-life voice that is about as far as you can get from intimidating) talks about that part. He explains that as Gus thinking about what Jesse had said, that the kid was poisoned, and then realizing something was up. To me, the fact that Jesse tells him the kid was poisoned, means Jesse realizes Gus knows about the poison and its intended purpose. And if Jesse realizes that Gus knows about it, how, and with who, would Jesse respond to the situation? This is getting almost as convoluted as LOST was. Actually, not even close, haha.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 110)

Postby mweir145 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:49 pm

RedHopeful wrote:
mweir145 wrote:I can't be the only one who thinks it was actually Walt that poisoned the kid, right? He's proven time and again that he's capable of anything when his life (or his family's lives) are at stake. Manipulating Jesse as a pawn is really the only move he can make left, and that's something he's proven himself to be very good at.

My first instinct was that the poisoning was an accident. Kids get into stuff all the time and it wouldn't be the least bit surprising the kid pulled out the cigarette that was turned upside down. Simply can't see Walter doing it but I'm unsure about Gus.

An accident would be kind of a cop-out for this show, though, wouldn't it? Walt's killed an innocent before (Gale) to preserve himself, I don't see any reason he wouldn't do it again. He's been in a downward spiral for a while now. It's time to stop looking at him as a sympathetic character in any way, I think.

One thing that bothered me about the episode though was why Gus stared out from the parking garage and then decided not to get into his car. No one is that good. ;-7

Maybe he realized that Walt was the one that poisoned the kid in order to get to him?
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby mweir145 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:53 pm

Skin Blues wrote:There are video clips online for each episode, and the actor playing Gus (who by the way has a real-life voice that is about as far as you can get from intimidating) talks about that part. He explains that as Gus thinking about what Jesse had said, that the kid was poisoned, and then realizing something was up. To me, the fact that Jesse tells him the kid was poisoned, means Jesse realizes Gus knows about the poison and its intended purpose. And if Jesse realizes that Gus knows about it, how, and with who, would Jesse respond to the situation? This is getting almost as convoluted as LOST was. Actually, not even close, haha.

That would seem to apply to the Walt as the poisoner theory.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Skin Blues » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:27 pm

I was thinking he would only mention the poison to Gus if he thought he already knew about it. Which, if he did already know, makes sense that he put Jesse in so many situations to use the poison (making coffee, having dinner, etc). Jesse says "the kid was poisoned", kind of telling Gus "I know you did it, and we're after you". And if Walt was going to poison the kid, why not just kill Jesse like he did Gale instead of beating around the bush with the little kid?

And this is kind of beside the point, but how complicated could this meth making procedure be that nobody in the world can just follow the instructions, like the way all other chemicals are made? Unless Walt flat out refuses to give away some key aspects of it, but a little bit of torture and family threats would easily get that out of him. I understand it's kind of the crux of the show, that these two are the only ones who can do it, but it's not very realistic.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 110)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk