Breaking Bad - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Breaking Bad

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Breaking Bad

Postby Curtis Pride » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:22 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Jesse back on drugs. ;-D

Did we actually see Jesse do any drugs in the episode? I know he crushed some meth and got the other guys to stick around, but I don't know if he actually did any drugs.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Skin Blues » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:51 pm

I don't think we saw him do drugs, but how else do you stay awake for a 3 day party? I suppose if he'd actually relapsed they would have showed it.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 174)

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:15 am

Curtis Pride wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Jesse back on drugs. ;-D

Did we actually see Jesse do any drugs in the episode? I know he crushed some meth and got the other guys to stick around, but I don't know if he actually did any drugs.

I thought we did - wasn't there a scene where they are passing around lines (I think Jesse had made 3) and he does his last?
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 85)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Curtis Pride » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:12 pm

He made three lines, but he offered the mirror to Skinny Pete first, who turned it down, and then he offered to Badger who reluctantly accepted, and then the next scene was Skinny Pete clearly high.

So sure, it's likely that Jesse just started to do drugs again, and I'm over thinking it, but I just thought it was weird that they never actually showed him do any drugs (that I can remember).

And when he woke up in the morning to go to work, he seemed fully rested, sober, and not at all on edge. Everyone else was all groggy and hungover because they had been up all night and doing drugs.

I think Jesse just needed people around and for it be really noisy so he wouldn't have to be alone with his thoughts. We saw from the last scene in the episode that he was blasting his music to drown out his thoughts. I think he was faced with either throwing a bender to get people around him and drown out any thoughts he could have, or actually doing the drugs.

Again, likely that I'm over thinking it and he did actually do drugs and is back to being unreliable, but during his "non" party time, he seemed far to sorted out and sober to have just been on a 3 day bender.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:29 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:He made three lines, but he offered the mirror to Skinny Pete first, who turned it down, and then he offered to Badger who reluctantly accepted, and then the next scene was Skinny Pete clearly high.

So sure, it's likely that Jesse just started to do drugs again, and I'm over thinking it, but I just thought it was weird that they never actually showed him do any drugs (that I can remember).

And when he woke up in the morning to go to work, he seemed fully rested, sober, and not at all on edge. Everyone else was all groggy and hungover because they had been up all night and doing drugs.

I think Jesse just needed people around and for it be really noisy so he wouldn't have to be alone with his thoughts. We saw from the last scene in the episode that he was blasting his music to drown out his thoughts. I think he was faced with either throwing a bender to get people around him and drown out any thoughts he could have, or actually doing the drugs.

Again, likely that I'm over thinking it and he did actually do drugs and is back to being unreliable, but during his "non" party time, he seemed far to sorted out and sober to have just been on a 3 day bender.

you might be right but the way they presented the party montage seemed like he was pretty wasted
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:54 am

Finally got around to watching Sunday's episode tonight...I'm firmly in the "Jesse didn't do drugs" camp.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:02 pm

Is it just me or does something seem a little different this season? Can't put my finger on it but things seem to definitely be moving slower - not sure who to fault - writers, director, etc.

Btw, how many more episodes before Gus wants to off Jesse again? Dude is having the wildest parties every night as his place w/o the cops showing up yet. Are you telling me no one has gotten violent, died, or at least been too loud for the neighbors?
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DbacksRback » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:58 am

RedHopeful wrote:Is it just me or does something seem a little different this season? Can't put my finger on it but things seem to definitely be moving slower - not sure who to fault - writers, director, etc.

Btw, how many more episodes before Gus wants to off Jesse again? Dude is having the wildest parties every night as his place w/o the cops showing up yet. Are you telling me no one has gotten violent, died, or at least been too loud for the neighbors?

Maybe his neighbors are all there? :-b

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:53 pm

Thought the last episode was the best one yet of the season. It's like a bunch of cars hurtling at each other in a demolition derby. ;-D
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Skin Blues » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:42 pm

Yeah this one was better. Suspense with the "which side will Jesse take" thing. Is he dumb enough to be lured into siding with Mike/Gus? He's finally being accepted and he likes it. He's getting to the point of being desensitized to it all, or refusing to join "the dark side" anymore than he already has. It was a little ridiculous that right away he's in a situation where he's handling a food tray and making Gus' coffee. The episodes either seem to be in real-time, with nothing much happening, or a year's worth of stuff happens in one day. The status quo can't last for long though... something has to give.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 174)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk